Here Comes the SON.

 WHAT IS UP WORLD? How can it already be the middle of August? I have no idea.

This week, I have so many stories to share. I don't even know where to begin. BUCKLE UP.

Sister Mather and I had gotten a media referral this past week (a person who asks to meet with the missionaries), but we hadn't been able to get in touch with them. So we decided to go knock on their door. To our surprise, Andrea did not answer the door--an older man greeted us instead. He let us know that he was not interested in meeting with us.

Well, we don't give up that easily! The Lord had sent us to this street for a reason! So we began knocking the doors on the street. We knocked. We waited. We knocked. No answer. Doors remained shut. All of a sudden, we saw a family get out of their car down the street.

Side note: I love street contacting. People can't hide behind blinds and closed doors, YOU GOT 'EM RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE haha! So I look at Sister Mather and we agree that we should go talk to this family. So off we go, speed walking down the street toward this family. We were able to have a lovely conversation with Lynell and invited her to church. She accepted and invited us to come back. (Sneak peak: she really did come to church--what a miracle!!)

All of a sudden, the closed doors and "no answers" seemed worth it. We rounded the corner and saw YET ANOTHER family getting out of the car. Come to find out that they live in the same house as Lynell! They all were interested in meeting again and coming to church. My eyes were beaming. The Lord brings about so many miracles when we choose to open our mouths. Please keep Lynell, Yvette and their family in your prayers.

I went on an exchange with Sister Dickson this week in Stamford. She is a cutie. We went street contacting and we were able to find a cute old Spanish couple. They loved my broken Spanish and the few phrases I knew. "Gracias a Dios" and "Dios le bendiga" are a few of my favorites.

This week, I also had my interview with President Holmes. He had the gift of the Spirit and he knew what I needed to hear! I am so grateful that I get to serve with President and Sister Holmes, they have taught me so much. In my interview, President told me that he places a lot of trust in me and knows that I will accomplish what the Lord needs.  I have recently discovered that the Lord knows that my love language is words of affirmation!! He speaks to me in the words of the scriptures, through the words of the prophets, but also through the words of my leaders. President Holmes said the words that I know my Heavenly Father would have said to me if He were here. He reminded me of my divine nature and eternal destiny and gave me some advice for my future after the mission. He reminded me that some things cannot be compromised in a relationship: "Testimony is non-compromisable. Now, if he wears socks with his sandals--you can work with that." Amen. One day, I will find myself a husband whose testimony is his most prized possession. All else is secondary to that.

He reminded me that grace is for all the humble followers of God who give their best! That includes me and you. We qualify for His grace the second that we decide to try again and place our faith in Him.

He also told me that I might get to head back to to the city! We will see though! Cross your fingers for me.

For my spiritual thought this week, I wanted to share a new favorite verse. Moroni 9: 25 states this:

"My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ lift thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."

There's lots of hard things that happen in life, my friends. I don't know everything that you are facing. One thing I do know--there is HOPE. Today, tomorrow and even on the days that our world seems to crumble. When we think of Him and His grace--our Savior--we will be filled with light. No wonder the Lord asks us to "always remember Him." It is through this remembrance that we draw the light into our souls.

Here comes the SON, it's alright.

The church is true. I love you all.

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
LOVE,
your friendly, door-knocking, speed-walking, FAVORITE connecticutian, aka Sister Miller

1) SMORES
2-3) Tony the Turtle. Yup. Kissed him and I didn't even turn into a turtle. Let's go 
4) the beach 
5) Sister Dickson & I
6) Sister Mather & I 









Comments

Popular Posts