CT AKA THE CELESTIAL KINGDOM???

WOW, MY FRIENDS!

I AM EXHAUSTED. I am ready to fall over and collapse. IT HAS BEEN A WEEK OF MIRACLES.

I can't even remember the days. They've bled together.

Here is the main miracle:
We went down to visit our recent convert Nelly before she moves and we decided to knock on some doors in the area first. Just down the street, we saw a family of 9 sitting on the porch talking together. Sister Mather and I had spotted our target, and off we went. We began talking with Jordan, Tarajay, Jayson, Jenesis, and Joe when we heard someone yell from upstairs asking who we were. We responded that we were the missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ. Out came Tamara, the mother of these wonderful children. She then told us that she had been praying for missionaries. All the churches she had gone to were only Spanish-speaking and she wanted an English church to go to. We were delighted. We asked if we could share a message with her and her family which she eagerly accepted. We proceeded to gather the children and march upstairs to the cramped, warm upstairs room.

As we began to teach about the Restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ through a young boy, the SAME age as many of the kids in the room, the Spirit-filled our hearts and souls. The children listened silently as we recited Joseph's own words:

"I saw a pillar of light, exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said pointing to the other--Joseph--this is my Beloved Son: Hear Him."

My hair stood up on end as we spoke, the Spirit clearly testified of every last word. Before we left the house that day, we were able to put them all on baptismal date for the end of September. The experience was one that I will never forget. Not ever.

We rode the bus with them so they could come to church this week. It was miraculous. 6 of them piled in and came. They could visibly feel the Spirit. However, Tamara (the mother) has since gotten into some anti and misinformation about the church. I am asking each of you to join with me and pray for this wonderful family that the Lord has led us to. There were no coincidences that night. We were led to that street at that time for a wise purpose known unto the Lord. Please pray for them. We are going to go over and hopefully resolve any concerns with the Spirit as our companion.

The Lord is good. He is our light. I am amazed at His goodness and power each day I serve as His missionary.

This past Sunday, we were also able to help our friend Joseph be baptized! It was so precious. He came up out of the water BEAMING. After, he bore his testimony on how the Savior has transformed him. He said, "I just feel so clean and pure. I know I chose to follow God today." What a precious testimony and truth. We love Joseph.

I am also grateful that we were able to find Joseph several weeks ago. It was not through any work of our own efforts. Joseph was at a stop and shop in Wilton when missionaries approached, helped him with his groceries and helped answer some of his lifelong questions. Because they had the courage to open their mouths that day, we were able to find Joseph and help him make a special covenant with God yesterday. We may never know the value of our efforts, but we must keep choosing to be courageous. I am so grateful that those missionaries followed a prompting to help Joseph in the parking lot that day.

For my spiritual thought, I wanted to share a new power verse. FRAME IT. Make it your wallpaper. Read it before bed. It is in Helaman 3:35.

"They did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation, yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts, which sanctification cometh because of their yielding their hearts unto God."

Want joy? Want faith? Want purity? Turn your heart over to God. Give it to Him. He can change us. You think you're scarred? So is everyone. You think you're broken beyond repair? Christ fixes the unfixable. There is no point of no return. One of my favorite hymns came to mind as I read this verse this week. "Prone to wander Lord, I feel it. Prone to leave the God I love. Here's my heart, oh take and seal it. Seal it for thy courts above." That is my prayer--that all I want will be His will--and all else will fall out of the picture.

I love you all. The gospel is so darn true.

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
LOVE,
SISTA MILLER










Comments

Popular Posts