2 GREAT MIRACLES (and so many others!)

WELL WELL WELL IF IT ISN'T ANOTHER WEEK COME AND GONE!

What's up everyone? Hope you all are doing great. Connecticut is actually the promised land. The Lord sent me here because He REALLY loves me. YUPS. Let me explain how cool this week has been.

Well, this week we found 6 new people to teach. 6 individuals who want to learn more about Christ and His gospel. Some from Facebook, others from street contacting, one was a referral--the Lord is preparing so many to hear His gospel. I am so grateful to be a part of it. I just wanted to share 2 quick stories.

Thursday, we got a text from some elders in our district: "Sisters, we were at Popeyes and started talking to this man named Jean. He speaks Haitian-Creole. Here is his number." So, we called him up and Sister Avondet and him started having a phenomenal discussion. Now mind you, I don't speak Haitian-Creole but I do understand a few chosen words. "Jezikri" "Joseph Smith" "Mormon" were all words that I knew. Sister Avondet was getting excited. I knew we were on to something great. Sister Avondet hung up and she immediately told me of the miracle. Jean had gone to our church when he was in Haiti and had even read the whole Book of Mormon, but because of civil unrest he had fled to America. AND EVER SINCE, he had been looking for our church. He said "I love Joseph Smith, I love the Book of Mormon." Wow. It was in this moment that we saw he was calling us back, so we answered and had a lesson with him. He is able to understand English, so I was able to bear my testimony on the Book of Mormon and how it has blessed my life. At the end of our lesson, we asked Jean if he would say the prayer. In it, he thanked God for sending "two boys in white shirts to Popeyes so that I could find the sisters again." It was so precious. God is in the details my friends.

Yesterday, we had a remarkable experience that really built my testimony. Typing it now, I feel the spirit so strongly. Yesterday, we had a meeting that ended early and we had about an hour time slot that we could work with. For a moment, we pondered on what to fill it with. Facebook, or knocking. We decided to pray. After the prayer, I felt like we needed to knock. Immediately, an apartment complex came to mind in our neighborhood. So we packed up our things and went. The first floor, nothing. One door slam, a woman who yelled at us and several unanswered doors. The second floor, nothing. Some of me wondered why on earth I felt so strongly to come to this apartment complex. Sister Avondet had come along, but she hadn't felt quite so strongly about the need to knock. But up we went to the third floor. The second door on the third floor swung open. There we found a woman named Lyndsey with her daughter Ella. As we explained who we were, she looked shocked. We asked her what was the matter and she explained: "We have been looking to become Christian recently and haven't even known where to begin. Just 5 minutes ago, I prayed God would send us a sign. And here you are." My jaw hung open. I stood there, flabbergasted in the hallway to find that God sent us to Lyndsey, in the very MOMENT she needed us. He helped the meeting end early, told me the apartment complex we needed to go to, and even gave us the persistence to keep going to the top floor of the complex, even after several rejections. He knew His daughter Lyndsey and He was ready to give her the hope that she and her family needed so desperately. We are going back over to her house later tonight. Please pray for Lyndsey and her family. I am so excited. I know God led us to this family.

HERE IS MY TESTIMONY TO EACH OF YOU: God knows where you are right now. He would move the seas and mountains to get to you, any hour of any day. Heck, he sent two young men to a haitain man in Popeyes and two young women to a family in need. God's miracles are here for you every. single. day.

In other news, my sweet friend Chandra got baptized back in Lynbrook yesterday! She was so happy. I am so glad that I was able to take part in her wonderful journey.

Please continue to pray for David, Marie and Lyndsey. They need all the prayers and support they can get. With the assassination of the Haitian-creole president this last week, a lot of our Haitian friends have been really stressed and upset. Please pray for peace as well. I LOVE YOU ALL.

For my spiritual thought this week I wanted to share a thought I had while partaking of the sacrament this week (my favorite 20 minutes of every week!!) There was a verse of a sacramental hymn that stood out to me. "As now we take the sacrament, our thoughts are turned to thee. Thou Son of God who LIVED for us, then died on Calvary. We contemplate thy lasting grace, thy boundless charity. To us the gift of life was given, for all eternity." As I read those words, my mind was focused on the fact that Christ LIVED for us. He lived every moment of every day with a desire to bless you and me--even though we would be born a thousand plus years later. I have always known that Christ died for me, but it really sank in that He lived for me. Every day He lived with ME on His mind. As He healed the woman with an issue of blood, I wonder if he thought of many throughout the world who would seek healing. As he broke bread and gave it to 5,000 I wonder if he thought of the starving peoples of the world. As he raised Lazarus from the dead, I wonder if he thought of the countless hospital rooms filled with people watching their loved ones pass on to the next life. I think He did. I think He thought of each of us often. Not only on the cross, but in the menial everyday tasks. I am sure it is what gave Him the strength to perform His infinite sacrifice for us when that time came. He had a love so deep that no price was too hefty for you and I. His blood was spilt willingly, because He LIVED for us. Of course He was ready to die for us.

We probably won't be asked to die for the Savior. But I do hope we live for Him. I hope we remember Him as He remembers us. I hope we think of Him when we are faced with opposition and struggles. I hope we think of Him breaking bread, healing the sick, and bringing the lifeless life. "God is not dead, nor doth He sleep. The wrong shall fail, the right prevail."

I love you all. The church is true. Keep keeping on.

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
Love,
Sister Miller

--

Comments

Popular Posts