My pilot, now & always

HELLO WORLD, hope you had a good 5 seconds since the last time I wrote haha!! The days are flying by. It is insane. 


This week was all the things. This transfer honestly has been such a rollercoaster. Up, down, up, and BACK down. It's been so much!

Wednesday of last week, we felt inspired to put Giancarlo on date for THIS last weekend. And so we did! He accepted and it was one of the most beautiful moments of my mission. However, that night he got into a ton of anti and misinformation because Satan knew that he was about to make the best choice of his whole life. All we had left to teach him was tithing. The next day when we taught it, he blew up and left the call super upset, and canceled his baptism. I was heartbroken, to say the least. 

It was a hard moment. I only write this here because it is important to remember the highs and the lows. Do I regret putting him on date? Absolutely not. I think this experience is a prime reminder to all of us that Satan is aware of us!! He knows the good that we are about to do. And he will take any length to keep us from making those wonderful choices that will bring us closer to God. 

PS: I have hope for Giancarlo. One day, he will come back. And he will be ready then. But please keep Giancarlo in your prayers.

We found this wonderful woman named Chandra last week and this week, she became my favorite person of all time. We taught her the restoration and she just couldn't stop smiling. The plan of salvation made her even happier. :) THIS. LADY. IS. AMAZING. She has been through a lot of heartache and hardship but she is still smiling and praying. When she came to church on Sunday, she wrapped us all up in a big hug and said, "you three are my daughters. I love you." Her love was real and honestly overwhelming. Did I tear up a little? Yeah. I love our Chandra girl. Please pray for her as she prays about baptism this week! 

This week, I've been studying a lot about faith. I was really pouring over President Nelson's last address. I loved a lot of what he said, but this really stood out to me: "Faith in Jesus Christ is the foundation of all belief and the conduit of divine power. Your mountains will vary, and yet the answer to each of your challenges is to increase your faith." 

I've been thinking a lot about that this week. Honestly, this week was TOUGH. I felt like I had gone through the wringer a few times. I wondered what else I could have done differently. But the truth is that I did what I could, and that is all our Heavenly Father ever asks of us. That's all He asks of me, and all He asks of you. The Lord is not some heartless coach seeking to point out any flaw to increase our punishment. He is our Father. And He believes in us. He wants us to succeed and He cheers us on with every forward step we take. When we choose to place our faith in Him and keep moving forward, He is pleased. End of story. Those that will one day stand with Him in heaven are not perfect humans, but sinners who kept on trying. 

I guess you can put me in that category. I know I'll never be perfect, but I am trying--and that's enough for Him. 

One last thing I wanted to share that has been on my mind is something that was shared with me by someone I serve with. 

He said this golden truth: "Of course it's not going according to plans. It's His plan we are after anyway. And guess what: it ALWAYS goes according to His plan. There couldn't be anything better." 

I loved that soo much. Coming here to Lynbrook, I had imagined all that I would do here and what I would accomplish. I've now been here for 4 and a half months and NOTHING happened the way I thought it would or the way I planned. I have faced some hard things while being here. Rejection, loneliness, and disappointment to name a few. 

But looking back on this time here, I've seen something else beautiful happen. I know my Savior so much deeper than before. I love the sacrament. I know that God's plan is greater than mine. So, when I can't see what He has planned for me, I'm going to keep trusting Him as my pilot. Besides, I just have a passenger seat. Who am I to tell THE experienced airman how to fly? 
I am grateful He leads my aircraft, and I will let Him for the rest of my life. Wherever He takes me, is where I want to go.

LIFE IS GOOD YALL. IT MAY BE HARD, BUT IT IS SO SO GOOD. 
And if it's hard to see it, maybe try laughing. It really helps.

The church is true.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love,
Sister Miller

1-2) Our beautiful friend Chandra
3) 10 months???
4)  my first time trying Greek food. Would recommend 
5) a nice walk
6) Sister Morgan
7) my faves Hermanas Morgan & Braithwaite
8)  the sisters from north & south Lynbrook
9-10) Long Beach 










Comments

Popular Posts