Being led by the spirit, 100%

 Hey hey, best friendssss!

This week was JAM PACKED with craziness and all the in-between. 
I just have to tell you about AN AMAZING experience we had this week. 

Shane.
We had called Shane last week and he said he was interested in learning more but he didn't care to come to church. We thought, hmmm we can change that! We had a lesson with him this Saturday and beforehand we prayed, as we always do. But this time, we asked that the Lord would help us know how we could help Shane the most and discover his needs. The lesson began, and we were planning on teaching the restoration. As we started, a question came into my mind to ask him. "If you could ask God any one question, what would it be?" 
So, I asked it. 

This big, burly man teared up immediately and choked out, "Why did he take my mom?" Tears streamed down his face as he tried to compose himself. The spirit was so strong. We were able to meet Shane's needs. We instead discussed the Plan of Salvation. As we shared with him the hope we have because of the resurrection and the Spirit World, he teared up once more. "You mean that you really believe I'll see her again?" "Absolutely," came our response. Sister Thompson asked him how he was feeling and he said: "All warm inside, my spirit feels so good. I know this is true." 

Wow. We testified that it was, and we invited him to attend church with us. We told him we believed his mother was waiting for him to do so, so that they could be together forever. 
The spirit taught that lesson completely. We were led by Him. What a marvelous thing to be a part of. 

And guess what, Shane really did come to church. (And, HE LOVED IT.)

Later on that day, we were calling formers and a name popped out to me. Her name was Bella. But on her profile, there was a marking that said: "Do not contact." 

Normally, I steer clear of these people because they obviously had been clearly uninterested with missionaries in the past. However, I felt like we should reach out. So that's exactly what we did. At first, she reminded us that she had asked not to be contacted--but we invited the spirit and invited her to come closer to our Savior by partaking of the sacrament. She not only committed to coming to church but also to meeting with us again. It was a huge miracle. We know that the Lord told us to call her that night so that we would be able to help her find God's light again. It was truly special. ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS follow your spiritual promptings. You never know who may need your help.

So many other cool things happened but those were definitely the highlights. On another note, I do want to ask all of you to pray for Bobby. I know I have written about him many times over the last several months, but he has really hit some hard times and he's not sure if he will pursue meeting with us. He could use every prayer. I know when we pray by name, miracles happen. I invite all of you to join me in praying for my dear friend, Bobby, who I love so much.

For my spiritual thought today I wanted to share a poem I wrote this week. I know you all look forward to my poetry. This one is called: The Healer.

Calling into pits and caves
Jesus, the Master, invites all the same
Opening doors people thought were closed
He comes to the broken who need Him the most.

Lifting, helping, and serving all men
He's the ultimate healer, He knows how to mend
Leaping, bounding, they flock to His knee
He bid them all, come and see.

Willingly, He walked to Calvary
Wearing a cross and crown of thorns, just for me
Our King, our Master, nailed to the tree.
But oh yes, He'd do it again--Jesus died so you and I could be.

On the third day, He rose up again. 
Pleading with us to become fishers of men
His life goes on, His journey's not done.
But for all who will come, salvation is won. 

Standing before me, He shows me His hands
Pierced with deep wounds for all of man.
He whispers gently, "I did it for you."
I realize quite humbly that this is all true.

Overwhelmed by His love I ask, "What can I do?"
"All I need is your faith, and heart too."
He lives today, it's a glorious truth. 
Healing those from long ago, and all of us too.

Hold me, Jesus, hold me tonight.
Especially on the nights that give me a fright.
Oh, never leave me, my Healer You are. 
It's because of you, I've come all this far.

I love you, my Lord.
I'll lay down my sword.
I'll come to you now
After all, you've shown me how.


I hope you enjoyed it. I know Jesus lives. Simple as that. He knows you. He loves you. And He's always trying to show you. For me, He reminded me as I prayed over a sandwich. It's in the little moments that He whispers that He is still there. 

I love you all so very much. KEEP being rad.

The church is true.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
Love, Sister Miller

1) I SAW MY BFF SIS BARNUM AT ZONE CONF
2) las hermanas
3) yummy stir fry we made ;)
4) the classic trio photo in front of the church 
5) the Peguero's ❤❤
6) I love this picture of Jesus so much








Comments

Popular Posts