Our Savior

What's cooking??

Long time, no see! It has been another great week here in Long Island.
Not gonna lie, this week was one of the slower weeks. Lessons canceled, people fell off, and some days were just long. But that's life. There are always miracles too. Heavenly Father is always making wonderful things happen.

Here are a few of the miracles:

Thank you for all the prayers for Bobby! He is making progress on his addictions, he feels the strength of the prayers that are behind him. It has been so special to see his resolve strengthen, his back stiffen, and his energy to prepare for baptism has increased!! Miracles.

Herve made a huge turnaround. Last week, we called and testified to him that the Holy Ghost was the thing that was missing from his life, and invited him to be baptized. He agreed and accepted. We are having his baptism this next Saturday. Please pray for Herve as he prepares to make this covenant with God. He is so ready to receive the blessings of baptism. We LOVE HERVE! I think that Satan has really worked his hardest to keep him from it, but he has battled back each and every time. Miracles.

A lot of our other people are struggling to keep moving forward, but I have faith that they will find the truth, if not when I am here--then one day. I am lucky enough to be the first one to sound the trumpet. 

I wanted to share a quick thought from this week that really touched me. Every transfer, we have the departing missionaries share their testimonies with the mission, and each time, I get so excited to hear from my role models and examples. This last week, some amazing testimonies were shared. One, in particular, stood out. He said, "If you look back and wish you would've done something different, you should be proud. You've grown. Change is a beautiful thing. Repentance is all we are ever after." How freeing is that. How true. We should never beat ourselves up for who we were or where we've been. Instead, we can have compassion on the individual we have grown to be. Yes, you've changed. Thank goodness. I am so grateful that I'm not who I was 9 months ago. Change is beautiful.

I hope you all know how amazing you are. That is one of my favorite messages to share with the people I meet on the mission. It is amazing to see their eyes light up with the realization that they are literally spirit children of God. YOU WERE BORN TO SUCCEED! 
Okay, I'll hop off this soapbox.

TENDER MERCY MOMENT:
This week, I got to go on an exchange to Jamaica, Queens. It was a blast and a half. I hadn't ridden a subway since January 3rd and I was like a child on Christmas. Overjoyed. I ran down the stinky stairs, looked for rats like it was hide and go seek, and relished the sticky sweaty smell of the men in the train car. Wow, I had missed it. I really don't know what I'm going to do when I go back to Idaho with no subways. It's just magical. 

On our exchange, we needed to deliver a Book of Mormon to someone and we began our trek. We waited at the bus stop for 10 minutes and nothing. We checked google maps and saw that no bus was scheduled to come for the next hour. We decided we better walk. We walked quickly. Checking for the bus with every few blocks. On our way, a man stopped us suddenly.

"Are you the Mormons?" "Uhhhh yes, we are from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints," came our baffled reply. This man was shocked. He apparently used to be a member but moved away from his first ward where he was baptized back in Georgia. He hadn't started going since moving here to New York. We invited him back, and he said he would think about it. We were able to testify to him that he was needed, that this was God's sign to him, letting him know that it was time to come back to church. We left him with our number, the church address, and a prayer. I couldn't help but feel that the bus never came so we could meet Marshall and encourage him in his journey. God is so aware of all of us, and He is in the details. That, I am sure. 

To end, I wanted to share a testimony of Jesus Christ. Some of you may have seen it because I posted it on Facebook yesterday. But I feel that this is too important not to share. 

This week, I was told that I am not Christian. A man angrily spewed false accusations at me, and I calmly took his heat. At the end of his fiery frustration, he claimed, "You don't believe in MY Jesus." 

So today, I wanted to share about my Jesus. Who my Jesus is, and why I love Him so much. 

My Jesus is kind. He cares about me. He always has, He always will. He listens to me, and always fixes the broken parts of me. My Jesus comes to me, in the midst of my stormy seas, in desert places--He comes. My Jesus knows the pain of my heart before I can explain how it feels. He knows the disappointments, fears, and discouragements. He stands with me through them. He lifts when I feel lost. He heals every wound and wipes every tear. 

He teaches me eternal truths. He sees the good I do, and invites me to stretch, to give more. He helps me learn line upon line the things I can do to obtain eternal life. My Jesus is patient with me. He teaches simply, but builds eloquently. The more time I spend with Him, the more I adore Him. The more I hope to be like Him. 
My Jesus forgives. He is merciful. He always beckons me to come back, start over, and be new. He expects me to make mistakes and provides a way for when I do. My Jesus loves extending me that forgiveness. He died so He could do it again and again, as many times as I need it. 

My Jesus is dependable. He's just. He is true. I can count on Him 100% of the time to be there. I never have to wonder if He will show up for me. He has love for the one. He has love for the saints and the sinners and the prodigals. He is bound to me through loving ties. My Jesus loves me. 
--
Sister Hailey Miller

1) pizza
2) Jamaica ave & pizza
3) exchange day!
4-5) beach
6) us, the trio, still killin it 









Comments

Popular Posts