Ooooh we're halfway there! 🥺 LIVIN ON A PRAYER; April 5

 What is up world?

I feel like it was just yesterday I was writing you, so bear with me as I scramble through some thoughts.
First off, I wanted to thank every one of you who emailed me this past week. I felt like each email was a reminder that sunshine always comes with the dawn of a new day. Thank you! I love you all. And I truly do appreciate it!

This week we had so many tender mercies, one of which was talking to our guy Zamir. Zamir is the coolest. I had taught him back in January with Sister Barnum but last week we had the strongest impression to reach out again. This guy is KILLIN it. I am so impressed with how ready he is to receive the restored gospel. On Saturday we taught him the Word of Wisdom (a health code we follow, divinely given to the Prophet Joseph Smith), and he bravely said, "Well I guess tonight is the last night I'll have coffee ever again!" The spirit was so strong. He is so amazing. 

A side note to mention, I love the Word of Wisdom. The commandment has always brought me closer to Heavenly Father. Email me if you wanna talk more about it!!

IN OTHER IMPORTANT NEWS! MY NEW COMPANION IS SISTER CALL! She is so cool. She had just spent 6 months in Flushing, and now she is teaching us all her Chinese skills. These next 6 weeks are going to be rad. Sister Likiliki and I love her so much already! 

This week, I hit 9 months. Words don't describe the way I feel about that. It is hard to explain. Being a missionary is not always easy, but it is WONDERFUL. I love that every day I get to wear His name on my heart. I remember when I was in the home MTC and I was wearing my tag, I found myself acting differently than I had beforehand. Not that I was a tyrant or some evil person before, but I took more care to represent Him in a beautiful way. Now, I see that that has carried through these 9 months. I take special care as I fasten my tag to my shirt every day. Each day that I take it off, I ask myself if I did what He would have me do. Day after day, I see myself slowly refined. Slowly growing. Slowly changing into the person that I have always wanted to be. I am so grateful to be a missionary. I love this work, I love this gospel. 

At service this week, I forgot a jacket and it was crazy cold for the time we were there. This kind lady handed me her scarf and said, "USE THIS." It melted my heart. People are so good.

As most of you know, it was General Conference this week. I love General Conference every year. The words of our prophets always stir my soul, reminding me of Amos' long foretold promise: "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secret unto his servants the prophets." 

I felt those tender secrets enter my heart this weekend. To those of you who have not watched it, I encourage you to do so. Listen to it while you shower, do the dishes, drive in your car, or make dinner. Doing so for even a few minutes will change your life. (I am not being melodramatic.) If Christ was speaking, I would want to be sure I was listening. And the truth is, that if the prophets are speaking, it is really the voice of our Savior. 

I loved so much from conference but a favorite takeaway of mine was from our Prophet, Russel M Nelson. He said this power phrase: "Faith in Jesus Christ is the conduit of divine power." Boom.

Lately, I have been finding myself seeking God's power in my life. Sometimes life can leave us running on empty. But I love this promise from our prophet: We can and will receive the power of Jesus Christ in our lives as we just choose to have faith. Will it be a choice? Yes. Can we do it? Absolutely. Anything in this world that is worthwhile takes work. So if at times, faith seems like it is harder than doubt, then YOU ARE PROBABLY RIGHT! It will take work, but as we nourish our seeds and let it grow-- we will be surprised to find a fruitful, joyful, and optimistic life centered on our Savior. 

He went on to say this: "Jesus Christ and His church will never fail you. He will not forsake His covenants, His promises, or His love for His people. He works miracles today, and will tomorrow." 
We can have a perfect hope because we have THE hope of the world on our side each and every day.

Life is good yall. Every day is a gift. I am so grateful for it.

My prayer roll for this week:
Bobby--that He will have the strength he needs to choose faith over fear
Herve--to prepare for baptism quickly, to receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.
Zamir-- that He will be able to get work off for church.
Giancarlo-- that He will find answers to His prayers. 
AND that all those who are prepared to receive the restored gospel will find us, or we will find them!

The church is true, so darn true.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
Love,
Sister Miller

1) taking on the world as a trio 
2) me & Sister Call
3) me haha
4) Van. The legend. 
5) Elena, who gave me her scarf 🥺
6-7) 9 months 
8-9) trio LIVIN 











Comments

Popular Posts