Miracles from Heaven

"Has the days of miracles ceased? Or have angels ceased to appear unto the children of men? Or has he withheld the power of the Holy Ghost from them? Or will he, so long as time shall last or the earth shall stand, or there shall be one man upon the face thereof to be saved? Behold I say unto you, Nay; for it is by faith that miracles are wrought, and it is by faith that angels appear and minister unto men: wherefore, if these things have ceased wo be unto the children of men, for it is because of unbelief." - Moroni (one of my heroes).


LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! I am a living witness that the day of miracles has not ceased, nor will they. God has always been a God of miracles and He will continue to be forever and evermore. This week was just that. Miracles on top of miracles. And as always, let's jump on in.

I finally understand why Ammon served a 14-year mission! Maybe I can extend for a few more years. I'll talk to President about it and let y'all know next week ;) 

We had a wonderful lesson with our family on Tuesday this last week. I have never been in a lesson that was so FULL of the spirit. The only way to describe it is that the room was full of ENERGY. God's energy. I felt it from the top of my head to the bottom of my toes. I felt peace, calm, and serenity. I felt perfectly in line with God's will and the spirit was dripping off every word that was said. It was incredible. We were able to teach the restoration and testify that this is the answer that they have been looking for. This is the home they have been seeking to find. This is the place for them. Lillie couldn't hold back the tears. I have never been so happy. I cannot wait to see where the Lord takes this wonderful family.

Sister Likiliki and I have been feeling like we need to help our people progress towards baptism, so we set a goal this week to put 8 people on date. And once again, the Lord worked mighty miracles. In our lesson with Cayce, we felt inspired to put her on date for March 21st, and she accepted. Later this week in a lesson with our friend Herve, he mentioned that he had already been baptized. In response, the spirit led me to say, "Herve, if Christ were on the earth today, would you want to be a part of His church?" His answer: "Absolutely." "Then really the right answer is to be baptized." His immediate, faith-filled response was: "Okay, when?" We felt inspired to put him on date for April 11th. 

Later this week, we had a huge miracle. A missionary who used to serve here in Lynbrook reached out to us. She said someone she messaged in December of 2019 is looking for a church and is hoping to be baptized. We got in contact with Bobby and he committed to baptism for April 11th as well. He wants to set an example for his sweet daughter, Caitlyn. I was amazed as this miracle unfolded before my eyes. Was this really happening? How? The Lord was providing manna beyond my wildest expectations. Yet here we are, able to see that His hand is over all the earth and His mercy never ends.

In talking with our friend Frances this week, she mentioned her need for peace in this life. We immediately brought up the gift of the Holy Ghost and she asked this beautiful question: "How can I receive it?" When we answered that it comes following baptism, she was beyond ready to accept the invitation. An 80-year-old woman, but ready to make the most amazing change in her life. She is now praying about a baptismal date. 

Our wonderful friend Luverne has been coming to church for several weeks. She has been trying to decide if it was for her or not. This past week, she said, "Something keeps drawing me back and I'm not sure what it is." Our sweet member immediately responded: "It's the spirit, this is where you need to be." Luverne smiled and agreed. How wonderful it is to see God lead this work, paving miracles left and right.

I always knew that God had all power. He parted the red sea, healed lepers, and the sick and afflicted. I knew that Christ could do all things. But now I know that He still does. He still makes the impossible a reality. He rose from the grave not to retreat to some shadow of the universe, but to bring about His greatest miracles yet. HE LIVES. What a wonderful thing to be a part of those miracles.

Lynbrook may actually be the promised land. Pretty sure there are Nephite vibes over here. I love the work and I never want to come home. This is the most beautiful thing, and nothing matters more.

For my spiritual thought, I wanted to share something from my scripture study this week! I was reading in 3 Nephi 11 (GO READ IT RIGHT NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T). And I came across the most beautiful thing. 
The people had been living in darkness for 3 days before the coming of the Savior. They were terrified. They were frightened. What they needed, was light. No match would light, no fire would start. The earth seemed to "cleave together." And in that moment, the Savior comes. He introduces himself in a very important way. He says, "I am the light and life of the world" (vs 11). He is exactly what they need. He is their light. Immediately, the people feel lighter and more hopeful. 

What I learned from this is that Christ is what we need Him to be. He is definitely "the light" but He is also so much more. To the tired and the weary, He is Master. To the bound and imprisoned, He is Deliverer. To the lonely and despairing, He is Advocate. To the poor and needy, He is King. To the broken and forgotten, He is Savior.

My promise to each of you is that He is yours. He is what you need. 

Growing up I used to fantasize over the "grow your own boyfriend" or "grow your own mermaid" little inflatable toys. On the cover of each of the packets, it said these words: Just add water. Well, our lives are kinda like those toys. We don't seem to look like what we thought we would be. Maybe we feel a little deflated. But perhaps all we need to do is "Just add Water"--the Living Water. Wherever you are, add Him to your life. He is what you need.

I love this gospel. I love Jesus Christ. I know that this church is true. KEEP PRAYING FOR NYC PLEASE! It is working miracles.

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.

Love always,
Sister Miller

PS: I wanted to share something funny from the week!
One of the nights as we laid in bed I asked Sister Likiliki a very serious question. "Would you rather be a duck or a goose?" Her answer: duck. I pondered for a moment and said, "yeah, but you'd probably be a goose because you attack people!" (All said in joking fun). 
We laughed for a minute and then she asked me a question of her own. 
"Would you rather be a whale or Sister Miller?" "That's an easy one," I replied. 
Sister Likiliki said, "yeah, I'd rather be a whale too!!" 
I could not stop laughing. Seriously the funniest thing that has ever happened 😂

1) When in Queens we go to Panda
2) me and mom
3) cooking with Sister Likiliki
4) pt 2
5) driving in the rain
6) Jesus is coming: REPENT
7) our man Herve
8-9) Me & Sister Likiliki 














Comments

Popular Posts