Jesus Wants to Hug You. Trust Me.

HELLO FRIENDS AND WELCOME BACK TO ANOTHER WEEK IN THE LIFE OF SISTER MILLER! 

So many things happened this week. It is hard to put it all into one little email. But I will start with my favorite part!
NIKKI GOT BAPTIZED THIS WEEK! Saturday was such a special day. She was so so excited. When she came up out of the water she couldn't stop crying. The relief society president came running around the corner and gave her the biggest hug and got absolutely soaked from Nikki's dripping jumpsuit. They just held each other and cried. It was hard to hold back tears myself. Although I was baptized so long ago, I still remember it as one of the best days of my life. A day I chose to get closer to my Savior. I was so proud of Nikki. She will do great things for the Lord. 

This week we also had ZONE CONFERENCE! Which is always is my favorite. President and Sister Teuscher are so inspired and always help me realize the Savior's love for me. One thing they invited us to do is to follow a 5 step plan.
1) Look for the good in ourselves and in others.
2) Love people for the good that they ARE.
3) Make ONE change at a time (not 45, just 1).
4) Let that change STRETCH you.
5) Follow the Savior's example.
I loved this pattern of living for us to follow. There are many things that we can change and should change, but only as we see ourselves through the lens of Christ will we be ABLE to change. There is so much good that you do. So if you can't see it, lay aside those unkind thoughts and ask your Heavenly Father to show you who you REALLY are--and He will.

Besides that, this week was honestly pretty slow. Lessons canceled, we had to stop teaching almost our entire pool, and we weren't able to find many people. This week was not the easiest one by far, but I am grateful for the stretch it gave me. May I please ask for some prayers on our behalf? Prayers for those we are teaching (especially sweet Arlie and her family) and pray for us to find those that are ready to receive the restored gospel of Jesus Christ here in Lynbrook. I know these prayers will be answered. 

I just wanted to share one more quick story from this week. I think it is no coincidence that Jesus asks us to become as a little child. Arlie has been teaching me far more than we have taught her. One of my friends, Lauren Hales, is serving at temple square right now! We had the thought to have her give our sweet Arlie a tour of temple square. So for one of our lessons, we all hopped on zoom and were taken on a lovely tour of temple square. At one point, we stopped in front of a statue of Jesus. Arlie stops us and says, "Wait!! I think He wants to hug me!!" The statue of Jesus had his arms open wide. We were all silent as the Spirit confirmed to us that yes, our Savior does stand with arms wide open to HUG us. He loves us, and Arlie knows it, as do I.

I wanted to end with a poem I wrote this week. I know, I am developing new talents mom! Aren't you proud? Well, I wanted to share it with you all to share my testimony of our Savior. 

"You are mine and mine alone.
I will help you triumph over every foe. 
When you are burdened, and downcast
I will be with you, I am the first and the last.

I know my sheep, I will come seeking.
Hold you tightly in my arms, tears leaking.
Never forget, I'm by your side.
Never forget, please don't hide.
Never forget, you are beloved.

When the darkest nights never end
Have hope dear child, this is not the end,
Look up to me, I will provide. 
After all, I've never left your side."

I know Jesus loves us. I know He is there. And I know that every tear we cry, He cries too.

This gospel is true.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
Love always,
Sister Miller












Hailey, 
I’m sliding in on Sunday. I have thought about emailing all week. And to be honest, there hasn’t been anything pressing that has kept me from it. Just the little things. Taking care keep Amber’s birthday details, shopping for house details, ... just stuff.

We are celebrating at the cabin now. Sami ended up coming, but dad and I drove her to Mountain Home last night. Brooklyn was unable to come, but Shelby and Mia both came too. It’s been a good weekend thus far!!! One mishap happened when we were pulling the kids behind the snowmobile. Everyone (Jake) is totally ok, but I can’t help but think how grateful that we were watched over. Anyways... the rope somehow came around and grabbed his head. It jerked it clear back. He doesn’t have a mark or anything. It hurt him, but he’s doing totally okay. I keep thinking about the prayer we had before coming that we would all be protected. And I honestly feel like we were and we are. I should attach the video, but honestly—I’m not sure if it will work or not. 

Speaking of being protected, a few other crazies happened as well. Dad tried to make fun of Uncle Jeff and slid down the hill with a video in one hand and his gloves in the other hand. When he went over the bump in the trail, he flew off the tube and scraped his arms and face. He is also okay. Just feeling funny. And silly. We have that on video too, but you can’t really tell that he flew off the tube. And another mishap—which is totally okay as well—Amber fell off a tube and the person behind her rode over the top of her. She said she wanted to cry but laughed instead. She got a black eye for her birthday.

It sounds like it’s been crazy, but honestly, it has been so fun. Shelby is my favorite human by far. She always makes Jake feel like he is of worth. She includes him and listens to him. Sami also tells Jake he is awesome all of the time. Amber’s friends are truly looking out for him. I really appreciate it.

Jake’s friends didn’t come, because, on Friday, Erickson messaged and said he was exposed to Covid. With me going to Mexico, we decided to bring them on the week of Jake’s birthday instead.

Amber opened her phone this morning and cried. I cried too because... I just do that when other people cry.

In other news, I’m super motivated to get going even harder on my book. I’ve tried working during the day, but the kids being home all the time makes it hard. I’m committed to waking up earlier. I’m going to do it.

Amber and I also decided to write a cookbook and try selling them at Pinner’s. There haven’t been enough shows for us to save for her senior trip, so it’s our last-ditch effort to still make it happen. I’m going to start taking pictures of us cooking and I’ll make a blog for people to read about our adventures. We will sell the book as a pdf. Crossing my fingers it works ❤️ 

Love you lots and lots. We are going to wait here for you to call. Amber is going to die with happiness.

Love, Mom


Sister Miller,

 

Here is the article I mentioned and the quote:

 

“As you feel the need to confide in the Lord or to improve the quality of your visits with him—to pray, if you please—may I suggest a process to follow: go where you can be alone, go where you can think, go where you can kneel, go where you can speak out loud to him. The bedroom, the bathroom, or the closet will do. Now, picture him in your mind’s eye. Think to whom you are speaking, control your thoughts—don’t let them wander, address him as your Father and your friend. Now tell him things you really feel to tell him—not trite phrases that have little meaning, but have a sincere, heartfelt conversation with him. Confide in him, ask him for forgiveness, plead with him, enjoy him, thank him, express your love to him, and then listen for his answers. Listening is an essential part of praying. Answers from the Lord come quietly—ever so quietly. In fact, few hear his answers audibly with their ears. We must be listening so carefully or we will never recognize them. Most answers from the Lord are felt in our heart as a warm comfortable expression, or they may come as thoughts to our mind. They come to those who are prepared and who are patient.”


 

Craig Teuscher

President, New York City Mission

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints












Comments

Popular Posts