And Then We Met Tierra! #miracles

Hello, world!! How are you?? I hope each of you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! I sure did thanks to my wonderful mother who ordered us Whole Foods. Shout out to mom! 

This week was one for the books. Last week I mentioned that I am now an STL. This week I got to realize all that that meant. I think Heavenly Father has a good sense of humor. I have always struggled with change. I'm working on it but it can be a hard thing for me. Looking back on my mission so far it is funny because each and every time I have gotten comfortable the Lord has allowed me several opportunities to be uncomfortable. This new responsibility of leadership is hard and new and honestly terrifying. I feel so inadequate. This week I turned to the Lord in prayer asking Him as to why I have been given this assignment at this time when I still feel so young in the mission. Immediately the saying came to mind: "there is no growth in the comfort zone." One thing I teach people often about is why bad things happen to good people! So many times people struggle with this because they say, "if God was loving, He wouldn't let this happen." But the reality is that BECAUSE God is loving He allows it to happen. He loves us so much that He wants us to grow. He doesn't want us to live in our comfort zone for the rest of our lives. He loves us enough to stretch us. So I will place my trust in Him. And even when I fall hopelessly short as I do—I trust God can make up the difference for me. 

We had so many miracles this week it is totally crazy. ONE OF MY FAVORITE MIRACLES is our new friend Tierra. Y'all are going to be blown away by her story. We got a call from the sisters in the Bronx this week saying they had a referral for us. They then explained that Tierra had previously been taught and had a baptismal date but had some family problems so she didn't go through with her first baptismal date. BUT, she is back and ready to make covenants with God. Ever since the first time, the sisters taught her she has been reading the Book of Mormon every day. I know. She's amazing. She is on date for the 26th of December. It is going to be a white Christmas. :) 

BUT THE BEST PART IS she came to church in person and our girl Tierra LED THE SUNDAY SCHOOL CLASS DISCUSSION. Our members were totally shook. It was the coolest thing. I love Tierra with all my heart—please pray for her as she prepares for baptism. 

In other news, I have a sad story to share. I feel like I need to write it to not only remember but to share a thought I had. 

We started teaching Antonina this week. She is amazing. She has grown up in a different church with a strong faith in God. She has read and prayed consistently her whole life. She loves Heavenly Father deeply. As we have begun to teach her it has been amazing to see just how strong she is already. When we invited her to church she accepted and came. Everything was going well and she enjoyed it all until the very end. A member approached and started heavily criticizing her previous background of faith and said some truly horrendous things. When I was finally able to cut him off, the damage had been done and feelings were hurt. As I tried to recover it, feelings of frustration filled my heart. 

We have no idea what other people have gone through. We have no idea of their faith. But this church is one of belonging for all. I truly believe that. Every single one of Heavenly Father's children does belong HERE in this church no matter what they look like, sound like, or dress like. I just wanted to share that if you have been mistreated by a member or wrongly accused or even offended—I am so sorry, but please come back. The church is perfect, but the people are not. Please come back. There is room for you at this table. Christ was the perfect example and invited ALL to come and follow Him. You are valued, you are important, and above all else, YOU matter to Him. Don't let someone else's unkind words deter you from the true church.

We have so much hope for Antonina, but we could use all the prayers in the world for her at this time! I believe in the power of prayer. Please unite with me in praying for her! 

There are miracles all around. It reminds me of a quote I recently read. "Easy to spot a yellow car when you are always looking for a yellow car. Easy to spot an opportunity when you are always looking for an opportunity. Easy to spot a miracle when you are always looking for a miracle." LOOK for the miracles and I PROMISE you, you will find it. The Lord is in the details. He is eager and willing to shower us with blessings. 

I was reading this week in my favorite book "Redeemer" by David Butler and I found a quote I love. 

"You might feel His presence in the form of courage when you face a friend in trouble or have to step out of your comfort zone. You might feel Him in moments of forgiveness or in encouraging whispers. You might be prompted to go to the rescue of someone in need...And even if we don't see Him there at first glance, He is keeping His promise He made on the Mount of Olives before leaving—that He would be with us always." 

He is there. Always. Of that I am sure. :) 

I love you all.
Please continue to pray for Tierra, Antonina, Briana, and Tiffany.

The church is true. 
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love always,
Sister Miller 

Pictures!!
1) this cool thing in Chinatown
2) me & Sis Johnson
3) THE BEST ICECREAM
4) Thanksgiving dinner :)--Thanks, MOM!!
5) queen of the rolls (ps it was tasty)
--
Sister Hailey Miller











Another Letter.

Mom is not better at writing letters than me.

Love, Dad



Hailey,

This week has been super crazy. I’ve been trying to Christmas all wrapped up-mostly your stuff-and it has been my sole focus. I’m so excited for you to get your package. I mailed it yesterday. I thought I’d need forever for it to get to you, but the difference between you getting it in 10 days versus a couple of days wasn’t very much, so I just went ahead and shipped it. You should get it Monday or Tuesday. On top of the package, there is something for you right now—that’s fun, but then the rest—you’ll have to wait. I’m hoping you get it while we are talking to you!!!

In other news, I’m doing more testing. I’m sick again. I’ve lost another couple of pounds. Something is wreaking havoc on my system. It’s probably just CDiff again but I’m going to the regular doctor to do some blood workups too.

I sent you some messages on hangouts this week, but for some reason, they didn’t go through until a few days later. That was weird. It doesn’t look like you’ve seen them yet anyway. I’m sorry because I do love sending you encouragement.

I’m super excited about Christmas presents though. I did my chalk stuff yesterday and it turned out so good! The plastic cracked a little so I was disappointed, but I’m going to attach a picture. You’ll love it.

The stake got done Light the World stuff for the youth. The kids have been wearing it to school and it’s so fun that people have been asking. I wore my T-shirt yesterday and tons of people commented. Most people knew what it meant, but still fun...

I told you in my other message about Bethany. I’m really sad. I feel bad that she decided that we should be blocked. Just me actually. The only way I think we can find her will be through Alyssa and if Alyssa also doesn’t tell her we want to know. We should talk on Monday. Pray about it until then.

There was something else I wanted to tell you, but for the life of me, I can’t remember. I’ll have to email again when it comes to me.

This isn’t it, but I just thought of something. Jill read my chapter. She loved it!!!! She said she is so ready to read the rest!


Love you lots and lots,
Mom


Hey!!!

How’s your week been?!
Have you had a party?!
I sure hope so!!!
I had an uneventful week. Precalc is hard and kicking my trash. Where is your graphing calculator by the way? I realize now that I might need it😂😂. We took our first test and it was pretty good, I totally prepared, but then I went and asked like 8 questions cuz I got lost. It was kinda funny.

Did you celebrate National cookie day? We went and got Chip Cookies. Mom has been having me help her prepare neighbor gifts. It’s been fun I guess. I like hanging out with mom. But sometimes I want to just hug her and watch a movie and not be putting stickers in cards or something😂😂.

Other than that. I don’t think I did anything. I just went to school and survived it. We are almost to break again. I cannot wait. I hate school😂😂. I just can’t wait to be a senior.

Love you lots!!!
Have the bestest week ever!!!
Love you goodnight!
Amber


Elders and Sisters,

 

Please find the scheduled dates and times for your trip to the Hartford Connecticut temple at the bottom of this email. This schedule has already been communicated to your families.

 

Elder Spanos will be reaching out to each of you to gather information in preparation for your temple trip. For those of you who do not currently have a temple recommend for living ordinances, I will conduct that interview during your regularly scheduled interview time.

 

We will provide more information about the actual temple visit at a later date.

 

Please let us know if you have any questions.

 

Thanks,

 

Craig Teuscher

President, New York City Mission

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints

Email: cmteuscher@churchofjesuschrist.org

Phone: 510-520-6191

 

 

 

Missionary Name

Date

Time


Emma Benefield

11-Jan

9:00 AM

Hailey Miller

11-Jan

9:00 AM

Elias Hansen

11-Jan

9:00 AM

Tanner David Lund

11-Jan

9:00 AM

Comments

Popular Posts