Bread of Life

Hello, my favorite human beings!!!


Wow, this week flew by. I say that every week, but it's true. It does fly by. I hope all of you had a good week!! I sure did. Let me jump right in. 

Sister Lines and I have been really focused on finding because we don't have very many people to teach right now!! We know as we put in consecrated time we will find people prepared to hear the message of the restored gospel, and guess what, we have. 

On Tuesday this week, Sis Lines and I had an in-person meeting to travel to. We usually take a certain set of trains to get there but we decided to take a different route—it just felt right. As we boarded this different train, Sister Lines and I stood across from one another in the train car, which was also unusual for us. A woman began staring at Sister Lines nametag and in the words of Sister Lines she said, "The Holy Spirit literally pushed me to talk to this woman in a way I have never before felt." Woah. But get ready for it. As we began talking to this woman on the train she asked us if we still do baptisms during covid and if we baptize by immersion. We responded with two emphatic yeses. She told us she has been looking to be baptized and needed a church. What a miracle! The whole shebang. From beginning to end, it is no coincidence we took that unusual route, boarded that train car, and we're in a position that that woman could see us. God is so good. She is now being taught by the Harlem sisters, and we are excited to see the rest of her beautiful story. :) 

The rest of the week was filled with similar miracles. We have spent countless hours working to find people who need more peace, hope, and light and we have found so many. Sister Lines and I have given out a total of 11 referrals this week. I know. MIRACLES. God is so good. The cherry on top of it all is we were able to find a sweet man named Larry in our area this week. He is so committed to following Jesus Christ and wants all of his friends to do the same!! He has already introduced the gospel to one of his friends and we only met Larry on Saturday!! He is a gem. Pray for Larry as he continues to make small changes in his life to become more like the Savior. He is so amazing. 

Let me share a few funny stories.
This week one of our friends on the Westside was having a baptism and we were able to watch it on zoom!! It was a beautiful baptism and the Spirit was so strong. You are probably wondering how this was a funny story... Well, sweet Maria was on her way up out of the water when she almost slipped! And right there and then she swore in the font as loud as one yelling for a cab to stop. Sister Lines and I couldn't help but laugh. 

We also had in-person church this week and it was amazing. At one point during sacrament meeting, there was a prayer going on. Our dear recent convert answered a phone call in the chapel right there in the middle of the prayer. "Mom, I'm at church" (with no hint of a whisper in his voice) "I'll call you back later, okay?" Our poor friend had no idea that usually we don't do that during sacrament meeting. I hope it made you chuckle a little bit!! The thing is: we are all learning and growing. It doesn't matter where we are on the path. It doesn't matter if we know what "is usually done". What matters is that we are simply doing our best.
New York is the best place ever. You see the weirdest things and love all kinds of people. 

Quick update on Jana: she is doing so well and already has her first calling. She is preparing for the temple and is receiving her recommend this week!! She is such a bright light. In fact, the YSA Stake President visited our sacrament and afterward asked us if Jana was unable to make it. We responded that she was there and showed him where she was sitting. He was shocked. "That was Jana? She looked like a lifelong member!!" And it's true. Jana just glows. Thank you for your love and prayers for Jana. They are working! She loves the gospel so very much. 

I've been doing lots of studying lately in the New Testament. Old Testament, I'm coming for you next! But I was reading in John 6 this week and it really pulled at my heartstrings. John 6 tells the story of Christ feeding the 5,000! Pretty miraculous, right? So many people were astonished and came seeking dinner part 2. Where was this bread that Jesus could miraculously provide to fill their bellies? Jesus tried to explain that there was a gift that He could give that was greater. Bread that if one ate, would fill their souls. Sadly, most of the people were not interested in this gift. They would settle for dinner instead of everlasting life. Jesus Christ was crushed. In what must've been a heartbreaking moment, He asked his disciples, "Will ye also go away?" My heart hurt as I thought about this experience. Christ was offering the most beautiful gift and many would not accept it. Not only that, but they left Him when they couldn't have free dinner. It made me ponder my own life. What do I value the most in life? Perhaps it isn't dinner, but is it "bread which came down from heaven"? All our desires should be centered on the one who can give us everlasting life. He is the way. He gives of this bread freely. Come, and partake. 

I love you all so very much. Please reach out. I would love to know how I can pray for you during these hard times. 

The church is true. 
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love always,
Sister Miller 

PS: MY LITTLE BRO FINISHED HIS EAGLE PROJECT AND I'M JUST SO SO PROUD. 

PPS: GENERAL CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK!! It is the coolest thing ever!

1) THE DISTRICT plus our man Van Gogh (we went to the MET)
2) Exchange with Sister Tauelia 
3) The MET
4) Manhattan sisters 
5)Manhattan sisters and Van Gogh's sunflowers
6) Me and sweet Sister Lines
7)Yes. That is a carrot that looks like pants. 
8)The district:) 
9)icecream at the one and only Van Leeuwen's !
10) IS THIS ENCHANTED?














HayBay,

Conference was amazing today! So fun to hear so many great talks. I loved that we got some concrete direction. I also loved the stories. I think there have been two themes so far—remember your identity and prepare! 


Amber and Jake still had a tent. Amber watercolored most of Conference. She has some real talent with it. It’s kinda fun to see her create beautiful temples. 


Amber and I went to Zupa’s and then Chip. It’s serious date night for Ambs and I. 


Crazy story—I have another abscessed tooth! It is right next to the other one and I think the infection spread. I am not sure how it did that when it’s been 6 weeks, but I googled it and apparently, it can totally happen. I hope the infections stops. I’m on antibiotics again. Tonight, I thought I was going to die!!! I’m ready to go to bed. 


Julie came with Amber and watched Conference with us. She is such a sweet person. I’m grateful to have a friend like her. 


Salena has decided to do a homecoming dance for the kids. It looks like I’m helping. We need to find a date for Ambs, but I have no idea. I’m thinking of Eli Moore. Not sure though. Salena is trying to swing it. She’ll have Cayton ask Brooklyn and they would double. (Deana asked Salena if Cayton could.). Anyway, things are good. 


I don’t think I told you the cutest story ever. Marilyn Green’s ward asked them to fast for missionary work. After their fast, she asked her children what they fasted for and Katie Green said, “I fasted for Hailey Miller. I just really want her to be healthy so that she won’t have to go to the hospital anymore and just be a happy missionary.”  


Is that the sweetest? I cried. It was so cute. So, Katie fasted for you this week and she is positive that the news that you can get your endowment is part of her fasting being answered. ❤


Love you always

Miss you like crazy

Proudest mom ever 


Love, Mom




Hailey,
Hahaha. Promise. I won’t do this again. I know it’s Sunday night😂😂. I love you! I have my first APES test tomorrow. I’m really not sure how it will go. I’ve studied and worked hard, but Idk. I’ve heard it will be hard. I officially turned in my essay too!!! We shall see how it goes! This week has been pretty uneventful. It’s just been school. Oh. Except there is a homecoming dance, but I’m not sure if I will be asked. We shall see. I hope I will. Cayton was maybe going to try and ask one of his friends to ask me but he can’t find anyone because...idk. He can’t think of anyone? Whatever. And he can’t ask me because he is asking Brooklyn. Maybe I’ll call tanner and tell him to find a friend and drive up here😂😂. How’s New York!? I’m excited to talk to you tomorrow!!! Love you lots!!
Goodnight!
Amber




Hailey,
I love you. It has been crazy since I last emailed you. I have had a lot of homework lately. My history teacher assigned me quite a bit of homework. I had to create a bingo board. The thing is he said that it had to be colored really neat. I am not usually neat. So, it took me a long time. 

I have been taking a class at the Y. I really like it. It makes me sore a lot because we are lifting weights and running and sit-ups and burpees. I take it with Erickson. Dad and Mom haven't signed me up yet for the next month but I want them to.

I learned a lot during Conference. I especially liked Elder Holland and Elder Uchtdorf's talks. They are my favorites. We set up a tent again, and I built legos while I listened. 

Mom has been in a lot of pain. Her tooth has been aching. She is on antibiotics. 

I like how in missionary work people come to the gospel and they come to know the truth and through that truth they are happier than they were when they didn't have the gospel.

I love you,
Jacob



Hey Little Sister Miller,

 

How are things going?  Have you been finding new people to teach IN YOUR AREA?  We have been praying for it every day.  Even Jake remembers it, so helpfully it is working.  Mom has been showing me your video posts.  They are very good, and I really appreciate how genuine you sound. It does not come across as fake happiness.  The light of the gospel shines through you. 

 

So on the to bad news.  Texas lost at home. Blagh!  Dumb team.  I had to explain to Jake how you can love your team, and still hate them because they are terrible.  More bad news.  Manchester United got killed 6-1 by Tottenham.  The worst part is that Tottenham is coached by the guy ManU fired a couple years ago that I hate.  Arrrrrgh!  It was almost better when there were no sports.  In some good news, Liverpool was also humiliated this week and Oklahoma also lost again and is now not ranked.  At least I can still find joy in the misery of those I hate.

 

Conference was great, as usual. Amber and Jake demanded a tent, again.  Your mom gave in, again.  It was fun though.  The messages were so good.  I love Elder Oaks.  He is like “You said there was a minefield where?  Let's go there!”  Amber was freaking out that we had not heard from Elder Holland until the end of the last session.  I think Jake really liked the women’s session.  Mom and Amber left before it and after it, so Jake and I pretty much ate junk, played video games, and watched Jake’s favorite Disney shows for 5 hours.  He was a little disappointed there was not another women’s session on Sunday. Hopefully, you had a great time.  I remember thinking Conference weekends were great as a missionary.  It was a good time to recharge the batteries.  We used to watch at the church, so we pretty much spent the weekend at the church with other missionaries.  We usually would head out between sessions for appointments, but it was usually a pretty nice weekend.  Hopefully, yours was good.  Did you watch it at the church?  I don’t think they opened our church.

 

I guess Rene Puegh (Shelby’s mom) has a sister in your ward.  She said she really likes your Virtual FHEs.  Good work.  Nice to have someone we know there. 

 

I am supposed to sign Jake up for a class at the YMCA.  It is an exercise class.  He just finished it but wants to do it again.  It is good for him, so I will just keep eating the cost.  I finally got Amber a Y pass.  She agreed to quit violin lessons, so I caved.  Saves me $80 a month though, so that is good.

 

Things are still a little crazy at work.  I am trying to get my intern hired full-time, even though she won't work for me.  I have to hire a new intern.  That is a pain.  I am trying to get the tax return rolling, but things are going slow.  I have to teach new people basic tax accounting this week too.  Lots to do, none of it fun. 

 

Mom has another infected tooth. I swear her mouth is a black hole.  Second root canal in two months.  The poor girl was pretty messed up last night. She was in lots of pain and did not sleep much.  That meant I did not sleep much either.  I felt bad for her though.  Her face is super swollen today.  Hopefully, she gets into JD tomorrow.  I don’t know how many more nights either of us can go on little sleep.  We are much too old for this kind of stuff.

 

Well, not too much else exciting here.  Hopefully you are just ripping up NYC.  Kicking butt and taking names.  Sorry I did not email you sooner.  Sunday night is a nice peaceful time to sit and type, so you get what you get.

 

Love you more than anything!

Dad   







Comments

Popular Posts