WEEK 2 BABY!

Wow, being a missionary is such a blessing! This week was just the greatest! 

This week I have learned so much and been strengthened by the Lord as I have studied and pondered. Before I get into some of that, I would just like to say that Home MTC is the greatest thing ever. I love every second of every day. 

In other news, Elder Jones in my district got Appendicitis this week. The poor guy was throwing up all day on Wednesday and got his Appendix out on Thursday. He's in need of all our love and prayers!

This week, my sweet companion Sister Staheli and I had the opportunity to teach Grace about the gospel. We had some failures but many triumphs. A struggle we faced was getting into the groove of teaching together, but before our third lesson with Grace, the words came together smoothly and we were able to testify with power. We are so grateful for the opportunity to teach about God, His love for each and every one of us, and the joy that living the gospel brings into our lives. It is the most beautiful message in the world!

My spiritual thought for the week was something that Sister Staheli and I studied about in our companionship study. We were studying the Atonement of Jesus Christ (or in other words, the sacrifice the Savior made for each of us to repent!) As we were studying, I felt the Spirit testify to me just how much the Savior loves me. The words of a hymn came to my mind, "I think of His hands, pierced and bleeding to pay the debt. Such mercy such love and devotion, can I forget? No, no I will praise and adore at the mercy seat! Until at the glorified throne I kneel at His feet. Oh, it is wonderful, that He should care for me--enough to die for me. Oh, it is wonderful, wonderful to me." As I thought on those words, the Spirit overwhelmed me. I know that the Savior did what he did "as a supreme expression of love for His Father and for us."(PMG pg 52). 

When I was younger, oftentimes my mom would express the Savior's love for me in these words. "If you were the only little girl in the whole wide world, He would have come--just for you." I believe that is so true! The great truth of the gospel is that no matter what we face in life, the Savior of the world knows exactly what it is like to face that same difficulty. We never have to go at our trials alone. He will stand by us and carry us through them. I love Him.
Last quick thing!! I had the cutest package delivered to the Miller MTC this week! It was full of goodies and had exactly what I needed to get through the day! (easy cheese and crackers. BEST SNACK EVER!) So thank you to the sweet Langstons who made my day!

The church is true my friends.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.

Love, 
Sister Miller

OH PS: I got my travel itinerary and I AM HEADED TO NYC on July 22!! I don't know if you can tell but I am beyond pumped!!!! LOVE YOU ALL!!

--

Comments

Popular Posts