Back to where it all began 💗

I have no words. This week was a blur. 

From start to finish I can't even remember what happened. 

We were on our way to an appointment this week when we got on the bus and began talking with a lady named Kiana. She saw our tags and she said, "YALL ARE THE MORMONS!! I thought there were only boy missionaries!" We laughed at that second comment and told her that the name of the church is the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. She liked that. She said "I always wondered if you worshipped or prayed to Mormon." We were able to tell her that Jesus Christ is our Savior, and Him only do we worship. She smiled and admitted that she had met with the elders before, clear back in the 90s. We were shocked! We were able to set up a time to meet with her this next weekend. Yay!! There are no coincidences. I know we got on that bus for a divine, intimate reason. We can't wait to meet with her and her family next week. 

Besides that, it has been a wild week full of fairly normal activities. The temple was an incredible experience as always. I was reminded that covenants are the means by which we receive the power of God in our lives. I LOVE the temple!! 

Okay. Let's cut to the chase. 
This week was week 6. I was sure I would stay here in Brooklyn for my last transfer. 

So there I was, on the mission wide zoom, painting my nails, sure that nothing would have to do with me when all of a sudden I heard my name. "Sister Rasband will receive Sister Miller from Brooklyn 4." Wait, what?? Where was I going?? My brain felt like it does after drinking a slushie from Sonic too fast--everything seemed to pause and just float. I was leaving Brooklyn!! My brain slowly came back to speed. Sister Sadler and I stared at each other in shock. "You're going back to Manhattan," she said. The words seeped in and all the emotions hit me like a wall. Excited, nervous, happy, sad, ALL THE THINGS. 

So I'm packing up my stuff!! I'm going to the Upper West Side. You're reading this and probably thinking, wait--you've already been there right? But no, I was on the East Side haha! I always used to say "East Side, beast side" but now I get to say "West Side, best side" haha. I'm excited for all that lies ahead. The beauty, struggle, and the fun. I have 6 more weeks of giving all my mind and heart to the Lord and I'm ready to give it all. I feel so blessed. 

Soooo I will be attending the temple for church each week so watch out for a ton of temple pictures, I'm not even sorry for it. 

I will miss Brooklyn, but I am so grateful for all I have learned here. I will miss Pedrin, Charlene, Luis, and all my other friends. Charlene should be getting baptized in a few weeks so pray for her! I have full confidence that they will be just fine, my sweet friend, Sister Sadler, will take good care of them! How grateful I am for her and her beautiful example of love and Christlike charity. She's taught me so much. 

For my spiritual thought I wanted to share a quote from President Nelson. He said this beautifully. "Remember, just as the body of the olive, which was pressed for the oil that gave light, so the Savior was pressed. From every pore oozed the life blood of our Redeemer. And when sore trials come upon you, remember Gethsemane."

Pressed. Torn. Broken. Bruised. 

His life was matchless in every way. The most perfect life ever lived was laid down on behalf of you and me. Willingly. The next time we feel pressed, torn, broken or bruised, we can remember that Jesus Christ's infinite atonement covers all that and so much more. In the words of my amazing companion, "His grace is as infinite as His suffering and atonement. It always covers everything."

I love you all. I know the church is true, with every part of my heart. 
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love,
Sister Miller 


1) district 
2) my fave member Sister Baptiste 
3) Luis, Bro Diaz, Pedrin & us at church. That's right, squad up 
4) Charlene:))
5-6) temple !!









Comments

Popular Posts