Redeeming Love and Bball--yes, KD lives on

WOWOWW

Another week has come and gone. This week has been crazy.

I can't even remember too much of what happened, but I'll try and recount the most important.

Recap on last week: The family is no longer meeting with us. We tried everything, but Tamara wouldn't even let us come over and talk with her about her concerns. It broke our hearts, but we know that one day down the road they will be ready again to hear the message of the restored gospel. That day will be a beautiful day. Please keep them in your prayers.

In other news, our main man Christian is getting baptized this next Sunday! We are so excited for him. He has been the quickest progressing person I have EVER taught. He is a legend. Within just 3 weeks he has made all the steps to be ready to be baptized. We had some wonderful lessons this last week that were just filled with the Spirit. We taught the Law of Tithing this last week and he said something beautiful. "I would give everything to God if I could. I guess that's why I want to be baptized so badly. I want to give Him what He gave me. My life." We couldn't help but tear up a little as we heard what he said. So true Christian, so true.

This week, many times I have felt an overwhelming power from the Spirit witness to me of the sacred role of our Savior in coming to this earth to rescue the wounded souls that we are. He is continually reaching out to us, and I cannot help but feel that LOVE.

We have done some fun things this last week. We have been training up for several weeks to do some basketball finding and WE FINALLY DID IT. AND GUESS WHAT? We found a dad and his daughter. Straight magic. We went and took a few free throws and the dad was blown away.
"And yall are religious sisters??" "Yup," came our response.

He went on to tell us about how his mother and sister had just passed away. We were able to share with him some of the peace we have been able to find because of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I am so grateful that the Lord has allowed us to learn how to play basketball (sort of) so that we can help others come unto Christ. I guess I finally understand how the Lord can multiply our talents haha. I should not have been making so many shots--we can only attribute it to the grace of God.

IN OTHER NEWS, we are having a mission tour this next week and will be spending 3 days in HARLEMMMMMM!!! I am so excited I cannot contain it. We will be taking the subway down to the Manhattan temple each day and learning from Elder Bassett. It will be a miraculous experience to say the least. I have missed the delis, street tacos, crazy homeless people, and the overpowering smell of GARBAGE wafting from most apartments. Sister Mather and I are saving up all our money so we can blow it all on all the goods. I feel like a child on Christmas morning. AND to top it all off, we will be running the 16 blocks to central park each morning. It is probably going to take us a full hour to do it all, but do it we will. Forget having time to get ready for the day, we will be living the DREAAMMMM. Get ready for a million pictures next week, it is gonna be amazing.

For my spiritual thought, I wanted to share something I just shared on Facebook (reduce, reuse, recycle--thanks mom for teaching me RIGHT)!

Neal A Maxwell once said, "God has all of the capacity He needs to save His children."

A friend of mine pointed out to me that God is REALLY good at what He does. The Master of the universe is good at EVERYTHING. You name it. Calculus, flying airplanes, making the best mac and cheese, roller skating--everything in between. But God spends all day, everyday doing one specific thing. He saves souls. His whole goal each morning and each night is to bring to pass "the immortality and eternal life" of each one of us (Moses 1:39). And guess what?
He's pretty good at what He does.

So when we feel like we aren't good enough or don't belong or maybe aren't measuring up, we can remember that God's whole goal in sending us here to earth was so that we might succeed! The Master of the universe believes in us and is CHEERING for us.

So when the times get tough and the going gets rough, remember that the God of the universe will never leave us or forsake us. We are in His hands.

This gospel is SO true. I know it. I love my Savior, with an unspeakable love and passion. It burns in my heart. I cannot explain it but I love Him oh so deeply.

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
Love,
Sista Miller
the basketball finding machine of Connecticut ;) 

--

1) Pizza
2) Pink Donuts for the Win
3) Me and Sister Mathers
4) Nellie our Best Friend
5) Torrential Downpour
6) Leadership Council
7) Amith
8) Christian, in his brand new white shirt and tie
9) the new improvisation of the century: cheese, crackers, chickfila sauce 










Comments

Popular Posts