3-legged race with Christ!!!

WHAT IS UP FRIENDS? I know, it felt like yesterday that I had sent a weekly email, but here I am again. TIME IS FLYING BY.

This week was a tough one for our pool. Lots of our people stopped talking to us or won't answer our calls anymore. We are going to have to stop teaching most of our people. Keep praying for them; I believe that one day they will find the truth again.

I did want to share a miracle that I thought was particularly powerful. I was doing some Facebook Finding this week when this lady popped up and I felt like I should call her. So I called her on the spot and she picked up immediately. We chatted for a little bit and I told her my purpose. She was enthralled and invited us over to her house. She said she wanted to learn more and her whole family too. You can imagine the excitement we had. Well, when we got to her house at the appointed time, she wasn't home. I was pretty disappointed and feeling a little frustrated.

We decided to knock on a few doors in this area. We were in the heart of the east side of Bridgeport, the most sketchy part of town. We knocked for a little while with little to no success. We had a lesson soon, so we decided it was time to get back in the car and drive home. As we came up to our car, a man saw us from down the street! I waved and he seemed very happy to see us and waved back. I hollered out to him and he came on over. We began talking with him and before we could even explain who we were and what we were doing, he was pointing at our tags, trying to give us his number, and asking where the church was. He speaks better Spanish than English and so we were able to pass him off to the Spanish sisters. But I think God needed us down on that street, at that time, to talk with Jose. He knew his son would be ready for the gospel. So he sent us. We originally were down there with the intent to speak with Latoya and her family, but God needed us there to find his son Jose. I'm grateful that God directs even the slightest things to be able to further His divine work. I will forever be grateful for His goodness and mercy.

We were also able to go over to sweet Olivia's house and finish going over all the principles with her. She is getting baptized this Saturday and I am SO excited for her. Her family is so cute and I love them. Please keep Olivia in your prayers this week as she prepares. LOVE HER SO MUCH!

I love being a missionary. It is the greatest gift to share the blessings of the gospel with others.  There are so many individuals who need the gospel desperately. We have the beautiful opportunity to share it with others! I hope we seize those precious moments. 

There is nothing greater than the gospel of Jesus Christ--it is the answer to every aching heart. I promise you that there are many all around you who need to feel the Lord's love and mercy. You may never know who could be praying for a miracle. I pray that we listen to the promptings of the Spirit and share the blessings of the gospel with those we love. I invite each of you to pray to know who may need an uplift and then act on the inspiration you receive. YOU WILL see the Lord lead you to those who need Him. I have seen the Lord do this for me every day of my mission. It is a beautiful blessing that we can all be a part of. 

I wanted to end with a spiritual thought from this week. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, we believe in the importance of making and keeping covenants. A covenant is a promise between us and God, in which God sets the conditions and we accept them. Covenants are the way in which the power of God can flow into our lives. It is through covenants that we bind ourselves to God. As members of the church, there are several opportunities to make covenants. Baptism, the temple endowment, and sealing to name a few. Each week we recommit to our covenants that we have made as we partake of the sacrament. This week, I was pondering on the importance of these binding covenants and I was reminded of a favorite verse of mine in Matthew 11.

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls."

Then came the Spirit, which taught me a beautiful lesson. Covenants bind us to the Lord in the way a yoke keeps animals connected to pull a heavy load. The Lord, being much stronger than the rest of us, will be able to pull much more weight than we can. Now, I don't have too much experience with yokes. But have you ever participated in a 3-legged race? Most of the time I have participated, it has ended with me tripping, losing entirely. But as I pondered on how that could relate to the yoke that Matthew wrote about, I realized that all of us are in a 3-legged race with the Savior. He invites us to BIND ourselves to Him, knowing that as we do so, He will be able to do so much more for us than if we were running alone. He will carry us when we falter and guide our very footsteps. Life is really all about relying on our bind to Him and learning to match the steps of our Savior.

I'm grateful for this yoke. I am grateful for covenants. I am beyond grateful for my Savior who is my 3-legged race companion and who has covenanted with me to NEVER LEAVE my side.

This church is true my friends. Yoke yourself to Him, today and every day be happy. Be brave. Be smart.

Love,

Sista Miller 

1) smores
2-3) exchange with Sister Buckles !! We got Azteca which was D I V I N E
4) exchange with Sister Carranza. Yummy French toast. 
5) 1 year in NY/ CT this week
6) a year ago :,) time flies when you're having fun 
7) the Saez family!
8) me & Sister Avondet 
9) our friends Marie and Elida at church! 
10) Donna! 













Comments

Popular Posts