Movie night 🤩🤩

WOWOWOW another week has gone by. They say time flies and IT'S TRUE. Honestly I believe last week I was just sharing miracles that happened yesterday, but don't worry, I have plenty more this week. 

Many of you might remember our friend, John, from back in January. Due to some struggles, he was unable to be baptized. However this week, our mission president was able to call him and WE HAD THE BIGGEST MIRACLE. John got the approval that he can finally be baptized!! It is crazy. We are now working with John to overcome vaping in order to be baptized. He is so ready, so happy. He is back and better than EVER. And I am so happy for him! Please pray for John.

One of the things I miss the most from pre-mission life is movie nights. Honestly, I miss those sometimes. This week, we decided it was time that we had a little movie night of our own! We got Giancarlo and Joseph on board and gathered together at the church to watch the Restoration movie. Our favorite people, the Irwin's, brought popcorn and muffins. It was SOOOO DELICIOUS. Afterwards, we had a testimony meeting and the spirit was so strong. They both could feel the power behind Joseph Smith. They both shared that they knew the gospel was true. It was a powerful moment for sure. Please keep them both in your prayers!! 

I don't have a ton of time today, BUT this week we also found the cutest bakery called the Malverne Pastry Shop and IT WAS DIVINE. That was a tender mercy. 

We also had interviews with President. It was my last interview with him before he goes home. I'm gonna miss that guy. I love him so much and I know he is directed by the spirit. We talked about a lot of things but I wanted to share something he shared with me about his testimony of Jesus Christ. 

He said: "I know Jesus Christ will do everything He can to get me home to God, but He will never force me. He will plead, love, and care for, but never drag. My Savior stands with open arms to receive me. Every weakness, He can make strong." 

I too want to echo President Teuscher's testimony. The Savior suffered for our sins, but also felt our weaknesses and inadequacies. He is ready to succor EVERY one of them the same. I know Jesus Christ is REAL and His power is available to all of us. 

When the going gets tough, remember how far you've come. Life is so very beautiful when we see it as a climb with a view, not a desert marathon. There are many switchbacks along the way, but the view is WORTH it. 

Guys, I love the church so much. I know it is true. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God. I know Jesus Christ lives and that He is the head of this church. I know that we are never truly alone. And, I know that YOU matter to Him. 

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love, 
Sister Miller












Comments

Popular Posts