Joseph & Herve

Hello, my favorite humans. 

This was a good week! 

I don't even know where to start!! 

WELL Wednesday, we get a call from President. I was sure that I was gonna get transferred this week. President called with special news--"Sister Call and Miller, I have an assignment for you. Would you be willing to train a new missionary?" I WAS SHOCKED. I was sure I was leaving Lynbrook. The Lord had other plans, and we will be receiving this new missionary in a few short days. We are sad that Sister Likiliki will be leaving us!! She is headed to South Shore. We know she is needed there. AND I'm beyond excited to train a new missionary. Training Sister Johnson was one of the best parts of my mission. I'm so excited for what is in store. :)) 

With the news of training ringing in our ears, we called our favorite man Herve. He said that he knew Satan had been keeping him from baptism for too long. He was tired of him winning the fight. He asked if he could be baptized THIS WEEK. So we hurriedly made preparations and everything fell into place perfectly. I've never seen someone so ready to make covenants with God. Herve kicked Satan to the curb. (And we all can too!) 

His baptism was absolutely beautiful, and he is so excited to get the priesthood next week. 

Also, I know you all have been dying to hear more about our new friend Chandra and SHE IS DOING GREAT. We taught her the gospel of Jesus Christ this week and she just kept saying: "I feel so happy in my heart right now!" "THAT'S THE SPIRIT, CHANDRA!" came our enthusiastic reply. When we invited her to be baptized she said she would love to; however, due to an accident she had at work a few months ago she has been in severe neck pain and has needed extensive medication and help from her doctors. :// She said she wants to be baptized but isn't sure how soon her body would be ready to be baptized. Please please pray for this wonderful, faithful woman. We love Chandra. 

Now for the coolest miracle of the week or our lives:

Let me tell you about our new friend Joseph. 

Joseph has lived across the street from the church for several years, he has always been interested about what happens inside. Joseph was attending another church for several years but felt that there was something missing and quit going when the pandemic hit. 
When I friend requested Joseph on Facebook, he recognized the church (from across the street) in my profile picture and was immediately interested. He did some research and then REACHED OUT TO ME, asking to come to church. 

Of course, I was thrilled! He came, and he loved it. He said that he knows that God guided him to us. We had a call with him yesterday after church and introduced the Book of Mormon. The spirit was so strong as we testified to how this book has changed our lives. We all knew that the spirit was prompting us to invite him to be baptized. Sister Call said the words we were all thinking: "When you find that this is true, will you follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized?" Immediately, he accepted. "I don't want one toe in the water, I'm ready to go ALL IN." We are so excited to keep working with Joseph. What. A. Miracle. 

Well, another transfer is over. I can't believe it. 
I was thinking about the things I've learned this transfer and I think the most wonderful thing I've learned is that EVERYTHING is in God's hands. This transfer went nothing like I planned, but it was what was needed. I came to trust in Him deeply. I think the most beautiful change I saw in myself is that my prayers changed!! I began to say "if it be thy will" because truly I trust that His will for me IS what is best. 

I think as I've truly come to understand God's character--as a loving, real, and understanding Father--I have come to know that He will only give me that which is for my good. (And for your good too.) GOD IS GOOD. All the time. So we can truly say with Carrie Underwood: Jesus take the wheel. 

In a talk I recently studied, Neal A Maxwell said, "Our wills constitute all we really have to give God anyway. The usual gifts and their derivatives we give to Him could be stamped justifiably “Return to Sender,” with a capital S. Even when God receives this one gift in return, the fully faithful will receive “all that [He] hath” (D&C 84:38). What an exchange rate!"

God is truly eager to give us all that He hath. He is already preparing mansions for us in His kingdom. So let us give Him our heart and our will, He will make so much more out of us than we could be on our own. 

What a Being that we can FULLY TRUST. 
I'm so grateful for Him, for His Son, and for this gospel. 

It is SO REAL & SO TRUE. 
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love, Sister Miller

1) the unisphere 
2) my FIRST chinese pastry :,)
3) rainy walk 
4) service at CCC
5) I SAW SISTA J 
6) Herve's baptism 🤩🤩🤩
7) the trio :,( 
8) me and jakey 










Comments

Popular Posts