hello world, meet sista thompson

What is up world?

This week was SO BOMB. 

We picked up our new best friend, Sister Thompson, Tuesday morning! She is the cutest human from Seattle, WA. She has already brought so much power and excitement to the work, I love her! 

Her first day in the field, we had a lesson with our friend, Joseph, who I talked about last week. We told Sister Thompson beforehand that we wanted her to put Joseph on date. The lesson went beautifully and at the end, I gave Sister Thompson a nudge. She looked at Joseph and said, "Will you prepare to be baptized on June 11?" "Of course," came his quick answer. 
Some of you may already know, but June 11 just happens to be my birthday! It's going to be the best birthday present ever!

The rest of the week was filled with so many miracles. 

We have a friend named Lisa we have been teaching for a few weeks. Although we have tried to teach her, our contact wasn't very good with her for a little while; however, this week we were able to set up a lesson with her. She opened up and said that death is a huge fear for her. We were able to talk about the resurrection and the peace we spoke entered her eyes and heart. She was visibly touched. She soon realized that our message is something she has been waiting for. She came to church on Sunday and said, "THIS is what I needed." How special to see her feel the power of the gospel in her life. ❤❤

Our friends could continue to use prayers. Please pray for Bobby, Chandra, Joseph, Lisa, and Giancarlo. 

I just wanted to share a special experience from this week. Saturday had rolled around and we had not found anyone new to teach this week. 

As I knelt to say my personal prayer, I began saying the things I was grateful for to God. Immediately, a thought hit me like a train. 
"You have not found anyone this week."
Me: "Yes, this is true."
"You have been promised by your Mission President that there are 2 people in your area EVERY week."
Me: "This is true."
"You have not done your job until you have done everything you can to find those individuals."
 
I rose from my prayer that night with a determination to do just that. The Lord had given me the sight and the faith I needed. I told my companions that night that if it took us all day--even until 9:30 Sunday night, we were going to find people to teach. Two of them. Immediately following church, we got to work calling, messaging, & sharing. We invited countless people to learn more about the Book of Mormon. We felt the spirit lead us and within 1 hour, we had found 2 people. Two individuals who need the gospel. The Lord knew they were there, and He needed us to be diligent to find them. Before the night was over, we had found a third person. It was quite the spiritual experience for me. The Lord keeps all of His promises. He really, really does. 

For my spiritual thought this week I wanted to share 2 completely unrelated quotes but they are BEAUTIFUL. 

John Stott once said, "No one ever drifted into holiness." 
So if you ever think, "man, this is hard." Or "shouldn't this be easier?" 
The answer is NO! Anything worthwhile is not easy. Anything that builds us, takes effort. Effort changes us. The Lord loves us too much to take away that effort. 
As I read this quote, I was reminded of the inscription on our temples: "Holiness to the Lord: the House of the Lord." I want that engraved on my heart. 

Here is the second power quote: "The Godly power available to all who love and follow Jesus Christ is the power to heal us, strengthen us, cleanse us from sin and magnify us to do things we could never do on our own." (President Nelson) 

His power IS THERE for each of us. We need God. We need Him. He is eager to heal each of us. I love this quote deeply. 

Sorry for the scatterbrained thoughts but my main takeaway is this:
God provides a way. 
He keeps His promises. 
Holiness takes effort, but it's worth it.
God's power is HERE for us. 

The church is true. I love you all. 
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love,
Sista Miller 

Pics:
1-2) sunrise on the beach 
3-4) trio pics
5) a pretty cathedral in the area 
6) me & sunrise 
7-8) BEACH (sorry folks that's the coolest part of the area hahaha) 










Comments

Popular Posts