Bobby: the wonder & miracle of the century



OKAY, THIS WEEK WAS A REMINDER OF LEHI'S PROMISE: "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things." 

While last week was packed full of miracles (& this week was too) lots of hard things happened this week too. :/ but opposition is necessary for us to understand joy, so I am trying to be grateful. 

Please please pray for our Garcia family. They are having some hiccups and might have to stop meeting with us, which breaks my heart. Please pray for them. 

But, y'all know I'm not one to dwell on the sad and dreary so I do have a few miracles to share!!

THIS WEEK THE BIGGEST MIRACLE OF ALL TIME HAPPENED. WE MET BOBBY. 

Bobby was messaged by missionaries on Facebook 2 years ago, and he never responded. Two weeks ago, Bobby responded and asked if he could get his beautiful daughter Caitlyn baptized. The missionary who had originally reached out to him was able to get us in contact with him and BAM. We set up a lesson. 

Now I'll admit, I was a little afraid to believe that anything would come of it--my anxious heart didn't want to be upset with the outcome. But the call we had was amazing and we were soon able to teach the restoration!! The spirit bore a strong witness in our lesson and he said that he was interested in baptism for himself!! 
We thought that was a win and went to bed excited. 

Oh BUT WAIT, it doesn't end there. First thing in the morning, we get a text from Bobby: "I couldn't sleep. I have been up watching videos about your church for the last 8 hours on youtube." My heart sunk. Figuring that he had run into misinformation and anti, I felt like this was probably our last communication with our new friend Bobby. BUT THEN, he told us that he had been watching "Saints Unscripted", a couple of BYU students talking about the gospel. My jaw dropped. Bobby would not stop talking about the wonderful things he found out about the church: "I always thought there would be 3 heavens"; "It makes sense that we have a Heavenly Mother"; "I want to read more about the Book of Mormon." Tears filled my eyes as we spoke with him. He was so ready to receive the restored gospel that when we spoke with him he asked when he could be baptized. Sister Likiliki and I proposed April 11th, to which he said, "Not anytime sooner?" It was too beautiful, too miraculous, too wonderful. He's a wonder. And we are so blessed to work with him and his wonderful daughter Caitlyn. Please pray for them.

One last miracle I wanted to share today was a Facebook miracle. Not all missions are Facebook finding like we are, and I hadn't realized that until this week. Facebook is KEY during this time! I had gotten a message from someone I was trying to talk to on FB and I found out that they are actually living in Philadelphia. Rather than trying to teach her, I decided to find the missionaries there! So I reached out and located the missionaries in the area. I called them and explained that I wanted to make a group chat with my friend Shaquesha and them so that they could study together. They were shocked. "How did you find her? Were you friends already before the mission?" When I explained that I had been doing some FB finding and had friended her, they were once again shocked. They had never heard of that. I explained it to them as our version of virtual "door knocking." They loved the idea and said they were going to try it. I didn't think much of it until I got a text late last night from them: "Hi Sisters!!! We just wanted to let you know we took your advice and decided to Facebook find a little bit today and... we found a dude who was willing to be baptized on April 10th. So thank you for the idea!!!!!!" Coolest little miracle ever.
So glad that I could find someone who can be taught by the missionaries in Philadelphia so they can learn more ways to do missionary work during covid. AND FB really does work. It is the coolest thing ever.

Other highlights from the week:
-Interviews with President Teuscher (love that guy)
-ALMOST ran out of gas but miraculously didn't!!
-MLC this week in Woodside and I got to see the view of Manhattan for .5 seconds!

I love my mission. Not every day is easy or happy, but every day has eternal meaning and I am so grateful for that. Each day I wake up I feel blessed to have His name on my heart. 

From my studies this week I found this quote that I love. "We were born winners, and we are on the team that will win the battle. Now, with the knowledge we have, we must make the decision to rise above our own weaknesses and move forward with our eyes on the One who saves us." 

All of y'all know I like to win, and guess what--I was born to. See, this quote says so! But ALL of us were born to win. We have the Savior on our side and there is nothing that will stop us if we keep our eyes focused on Him. He is the source of hope. I feel so indebted to Him. I wish there were words to describe my love for Him, but words seem to fall short. I love Him. I'm forever grateful for Him, and it is Him that I worship and praise all day long. Jesus is my everything.

I hope y'all had a fantastic week! Please pray for our people, especially the Garcia family, and for us to find those who need the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. I LOVE EACH OF YOU!!

PS I really really lost at district bowling today :/ but I just wanted everyone else to feel good about themselves ;)

Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. The church is true.

Love, 
Sister Miller

1) bowling :) I'm REALLY good
2-3) me & Sister Likiliki
4) our COOL YOUTH
5) Sister Likiliki's parents bought her wings this week!! 








Comments

Popular Posts