Creo en un amaroso padre celestial

Hey everyone! What is new? This week was one of the fastest weeks of my whole life. I felt like I blinked and here we are. WILD STUFF.

But, let's jump on in. The miracles never cease.
Last week, we had to stop teaching a lot of our people and so this week we really had to do some finding!! But as we prayed and fasted, the Lord led us to 4 new people this week. It was miraculous. 

I just wanted to talk briefly about one of those people we found. His name is Giancarlo (pronounced John Carlo) and he is amazing. He has a desire to change and to make Christ the most important part of his life. We have been meeting with Giancarlo in person at the church and the spirit is always so strong. Thursday, he came in and said: "I want this feeling with me when I leave. I feel like I am a whole different person out there, but in here I am better. Can you help me?" The spirit flooded the room. Sister Barnum and I were able to testify that he can feel like this always and the path he is on will help him to get there. His eyes filled with tears as we promised him that God was aware of him and is proud of his efforts to come closer to Christ. It was such a special moment for me to be a part of. 

Saturday, I got to go on exchanges with the one and only Sister Taeulia! Sister Taeulia and I went on exchanges clear back when I was in Manhattan, and so it was a happy reunion. She has a Spanish area and was able to go to her area this time. I took two years of Spanish in high school and I can't remember too much except a good ole "Hola, Como esta?" But, I was determined to give it my best haha! Now and again I would say in broken Spanish, "Me gusta Nueva York", "Creo en Jesucristo tambien", or "El Libro de Mormon es verdad". I really thought I was getting the hang of it. Towards the end of our exchange, we went to a family's house that the sisters have been teaching for several months. They are preparing for baptism at the end of this month. For some reason, the comprehension that I had had throughout the day seemed to be really sluggish during this lesson, but I could feel the spirit strongly. Twice, I had the prompting to share my testimony, and twice, I shut down the thought. I seemed to be telling the spirit, no hablo español. The spirit pushed me again, and reluctantly I asked Sister Tauelia if I could share my testimony. She said yes. I began to share my testimony in English and the spirit filled the room. I don't know how much the family could understand, but tears began flowing from the young father's eyes. The mother bowed her head as well. For a moment, it felt as though the spirit communicated heart to heart in a way only our souls can feel. Language was no barrier that night. 

I just wanted to end with a quick spiritual thought from the week. I am reading Jesus the Christ by James E Talmage and it is TOUGH, but so amazing all at the same time. I would recommend it. In this book, Elder Talmage explains why we need a Savior and who our Savior really is. But one quote really stood out to me this week. "The divinity of Jesus Christ is indicated by the specific names and titles authoritatively applied to Him. According to man’s judgment, there may be but little importance attached to names; but in the nomenclature of the Gods, every name is a title of power or station. God is righteously zealous of the sanctity of His own name and of names given by His appointment." I love this quote. Not only does Christ's names have power and significance but so do OURS! God cares very much about our titles and our names because names carry power. Who does God define us as? A child of God. Queens and Kings. In that same fashion, I can imagine that God is unhappy when we make light of names--that of Deity and of ourselves. A personal belief of mine is that name-calling of any kind takes away from that divinity. Towards others, but also ourselves. I know that each of us has a purpose. We each have a name to God, and we are loved.

This church is true my friends. Keep praying for our sweet Arlie, John, and Giancarlo.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
Love always,
Sister Miller

1) Valentine's Day decor from Grandma!!
2) Queens
3) MLC with Sister Dimmick
4) Me and Sister Taeulia 
5) brownies :))))
6-7) the Unisphere in Flushing 
8-10) met stadium (pretty sure I'm still a Yankees fan though) 













Hailey Bay,

Idaho decided to be like New York. Well... kinda. We didn’t dump as much, but we finally got a blanket of snow, and it is still falling. The kids really wanted school to be canceled today, but—no luck. Bummer.


Jake woke up kinda a grouchy bear. He was super sensitive and just overly touchy. I decided to send him in the back room to work on piano alone as I thought it wouldn’t be good if he heard any comments from me. When I went back to check on him, he was totally sleeping on my bed with an alarm set. I laughed so hard. He must’ve been super tired because he definitely wasn’t acting like himself when he woke up. It just goes to show how much we need our sleep. He said he woke up to a noise last night and then couldn’t go back to sleep. Poor kid. I hope he can make it through the school day.

Amber has a bunch of food rewards for her birthday, so yesterday we drove around town picking up free food. She was so excited. And to be honest, I thought I’d be strong and not eat a thing, but I totally caved...

Grandma and Grandpa Elkington got their shots but the other grandparents can’t seem to get theirs. I’m going to call around today and see if I can get them shots. Here in Boise.

I’ve worked on my book like crazy but to be honest, I’m not loving it. I used to think I had a way with words, but now I just feel like it seems forced. I don’t know why I was prompted to write. I’m definitely doubting. I’m trying not to. Don’t worry though. I’m still full of faith.

Love you lots and lots. Praying for you.
Mom


Hailey,

It’s been a crazy week! Sorry I didn’t email you. I know it’s super late and I meant to email you earlier, I guess I just forgot because we talked to you 3 times this week and I thought I had more time
😂😂.

I have bowling state this week! I’m super excited. It should be a party. Hopefully, I don’t stress out and mess up. I’m sad that my bowling season is ending tho. This has probably been the most fun I’ve had in a while. I think I’m going bowling tomorrow to practice.

Speaking of tomorrow... I’m not going to be able to talk a ton because I’m going to be doing act prep ALL day. What a weekend. I have spent all of Friday after school, Saturday, and soon Monday studying and learning how to take the ACT. It is not fun. It’s actually really boring. I like learning about the English one because the teacher is interesting. The math one is boring and hurts my head. The reading/science is kinda hard, but I know I’m at least good at reading. Science is a different story. The teacher told us how easy science is because you don’t even really have to know science...but let me tell you. Science is HARD!! I don’t get it! Oh well. I’m sure I’ll get it eventually.

My week really wasn’t that eventful. It’s been a long week for sure. Ohh. For distinguished young women, I learned that at the mock talent, they might not have a real piano. They might just do a keyboard. That’ll be truly unfortunate as I won’t really be able to play my song. Oh well. I say that a lot. But there isn’t a lot I can do about it

Well...I love you!! You are the coolest sister ever!! I’m sorry that I’m learning all day tomorrow. I’ll try and talk to you during my lunch break. I miss you!!
Love you goodnight!
Amber

Comments

Popular Posts