Covid Stinks :/ But Miracles Never Cease

Wow, what a week it has been!! I hope you all had a very wonderful Christmas! I sure did. 

This week has been one of the craziest weeks of my mission thus far. 

Saturday, one of the members of our zone tested positive for coronavirus. Earlier this week, I had gone to their district council, so now I could have the virus. We quickly found out that I would not be allowed to go to Briana's baptism on Sunday without being tested. By the time we had figured that out, all the testing was closed for the night. I cannot begin to explain my anxiety at this moment. My heart was racing, and I felt like I was developing all the signs of covid. My heart seemed to sink a little with the fear that I may not be able to attend our own baptism. The only way for us to be able to go would mean for us to get up at the crack of dawn and hope to beat the rest of the people to the testing center--and get a negative test back.

As I laid in bed, I struggled to fall asleep. I felt so very anxious. As I laid there, the words of a primary song went through my mind: "I am a child of God, and He has sent me here. Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way. Teach me all that I must do, to live with Him someday." I slowly drifted off into sleep as I repeated those words over and over in my head. The morning came quickly. We were blessed enough to have gotten there pretty early. There were only 7 people ahead of us in line. We stood in the bitter 20 degrees weather for over an hour. But when we got the test back, it was negative. I was so beyond grateful. I know that was Heavenly Father protecting me to allow us to help Briana make covenants with God. 

We were able to proceed with the baptism as planned and it was beautiful. We had called her earlier in the morning to see how she was feeling and she said, "I feel great! It is my baptism day after all!!" She was so ready and so prepared. I never want to forget the smile she had on her face as she came up out of the water. The spirit was so strong. Her mom later said, "That was the most beautiful thing I have ever been able to witness." It was a wonderful service!! Most of her family was able to join, and it really touched their hearts :) Baptism days are some of the most special days!!

The rest of my week was pretty normal. I had a wonderful Christmas, we taught some awesome people, and I drew closer to my Savior. 

I just want to end with a quick spiritual thought. This week I have felt particularly drawn to the prophet Joseph Smith. As a young boy, he had many questions. He wanted to do what was right in the sight of God. I think many of us can relate to him in that way. He felt lost and needed direction. He turned to God. This is the part I love. In his prayer, God the Father and Jesus Christ appeared to him and unfolded to him the answer that he sought. But before they did that, they called Joseph Smith by name. A young 14-year-old boy, with little education and status--yet They knew him. They loved him. They heard him. I have come to know two precious truths from this experience Joseph Smith had. 1) God knows my name. He knows how I feel, how I think, and everything in between. He is very much aware of me, and He loves me. My Heavenly Father sees me as His precious daughter. 2) My Heavenly Father will always answer my prayers. He hears them, and He will answer. Joseph Smith did not expect a vision, but that was the way he got his answer. I may not expect the answers in the form they come, but they WILL come.

I love Joseph Smith. I know he was a prophet. He was an imperfect man but was still a chosen man of God who did in fact restore God's church upon the earth. I am grateful for his sacrifices to follow God. It inspires me to give all that I have to the Lord. 

I love this gospel with my whole soul. The church is true.
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart.
LOVE,
Sister Miller

PS: Please pray for our sweet girl Tierra. It is her baptism this coming week :) 

Pictures:
1)Pday with Suleydis (they made us THE BEST HONDURAN FOOD EVER) 
2-4) Christmas pictures:)
5) Preparing the font 
6) Briana's baptism 
7) The whole crew at the baptism!! 
--
Sister Hailey Miller










Well, it's been a good week around here. We had some great times at the cabin sledding down the mountain and simply hanging out with each other. It was exactly what I had hoped Hawaii to be but wasn't... I say that, and it sounds as if I am disappointed in Hawaii. I am not. I have actually seen many different things that have made me feel as if Hawaii was what it was for a purpose. I don't know when we will ever be told, or if we ever will, but I do think Ava needed Hawaii. I somehow feel it. I can't explain it except to say that the spirit whispers it to my soul. She bore her testimony the last night with us (for the Shepherds night); she came out of her shell, and laughed and joked; she also pushed herself past her comfort levels with zip-lining and surfing; she made a few comments that were super positive. None of these things signify that it was worth it--again, I just feel it was, so I am going to go with it. That's what I was praying to feel, and I finally do even though I can't explain why. 

The cabin was almost a gift from Heavenly Father. I really wanted Jake to connect with Amber. I felt like Jake needed that connection. He needed to feel a sense of belonging a sense of importance. I felt that Amber did focus on Ava in Hawaii and although dad gave Jake tons of time, I still wanted the connection between siblings. Then, the cabin happened. And it was perfect for them. Dad and I competed with Amber and Jacob over and over and over again. WE finally won, but your dad cheated, so it didn't really feel like a win. I think we still would've won otherwise, but ... who knows? We had to leave on Wednesday because the Jeff Miller's were coming up on Thursday. It was still a great break. 

We've been here ever since. We watched movies and ate junk food on New Year's. We talked about goals that everyone is going to commit to for this next year, and made a plan to start making a plan by next Sunday :). 

Dad and I have had some sniffles and sometimes a cough this week. To be honest, I panicked a bit. Your endowment is the MOST important adventure, and I do not want to miss it. We decided to get Covid tests on Thursday, so we can determine if we already have it, and how long we needed to quarantine, and maybe communicate with your mission president to see if we could push your date out a week. We also thought that since we were getting tested if it was negative, Grandma and Grandpa could come for Jake's blessing. I was super nervous. I was praying that we were just getting sick from going to a hot and then a cold climate, or even just a cold. Well, my prayers were answered. We were all negative. All of us. So, thankfully, grandma and grandpa are coming here on Sunday, and we are set to come next Sunday to Connecticut. We do not think we will go get another test at this point. We are just going to lay low for a week and try to keep ourselves away from people. We only have a week. We've got this. 

The kids are taking down Christmas right now. I told Amber I would pay for her haircut if she did it all on her own. It's nice to not worry about it, but it is still a bit hard not being in control. Hehe. I am laughing at myself. 

Well, that is our week in a nutshell.

Not much going on. 

I did spend my whole day with Kaylynn trying to help her today. I've decided that it's okay that I didn't get anything done on my to-do list because people are more important than things :).

Love you lots,
Mom



This week has been great! I slept in till 11 and went to bed at 1. What’s a better combo than that?!

I had a few downers. 1. I was supposed to go skiing but Covid got in the way. But it’s fine. And 2. The Jeff miller’s ruined the sledding hill by putting a jump in it. I mean...I’m not there right now, but it kinda wrecks it for later.

I started boy meets world this week. Poor life choice. I’m now addicted. I’m already in season 2. Lol. It’s fine. I’m fine.

New Year's Eve was great. I ate lots of food and watched 2 movies. This kept me up until 2:30 in the morning. Poor life choice. I know. I say that a lot. I guess I’m just making poor choices all the time.

And. While I was driving him, Jake told me how to drive. Now I know how you felt when I back-seat drive you. I’m sorry. That was not nice of me.

I love you and I loved your letter!!!

I’m excited for your baptism later today now. I can’t wait to see it!!! I love you bunches!!! You are the coolest!!! Have a fantastic week and I’ll see you on Monday.

Also...school starts up on Monday. Boooooooo. It stinks. I don’t want to go. I hate school. It is the absolute worst. Ok. I’m done.

Love you goodnight!!
Love,
your favoritest person in the world.



Our baptism is starting!!
Wahoooo!!!

Ok. So. I am so excited about this baptism, but there is another story I have to tell you ASAP.

You remember Kaylin Howell right?
So she called mom this morning and said that her washer had just flooded her laundry room. This is bad news because she doesn’t have enough money to fix it.

Well. Rewind a couple of years to when we got new washers and dryers but our washer still worked fine so we put it in the garage.

Fast forward to today. Mom runs over to Kaylin’s house to see the situation. Mom looks at the current washer and says, that looks like the old one that we have in our garage. Well come to find out... the washer in our garage is the same one and matches her dryer!!!

We were able to give Kaylin a washer so that she doesn’t have to go buy a new one. I am so grateful for our savior. I just think this shows that the savior is aware of our needs. And I’m grateful we never got rid of it.

Also. We just finished watching Tierra. (Well...almost). That was sooo cute!! I’m so happy!!! That is awesome that she got baptized!!!

We love you!!!


Comments

Popular Posts