The Power of Prayers

 Wow, this week was crazy. Full of so many different miracles and tender mercies, so let's jump on in. :)


First off, WOW thank you for your prayers because THEY WORKED!! WE FOUND 2 NEW PEOPLE THIS WEEK, in our area. It was the most beautiful thing. We found Woody and Debora. 

Woody is a miracle. We found him on FB and he said he wants to grow his relationship with God. He works from 9 am to 11 pm every day because of Corona currently. But thanks to technology we have still been able to teach him even in his busy circumstances. So that is amazing. So once again, thank you for your prayers and love!! PRAYERS WORK!

I wanted to share a really cool experience we had with Larry this week. We were having a lesson and decided to read 1 Nephi 1 with him. As we began reading the first verse, the Spirit entered with a strong force. Following the very first verse, I felt prompted to pause and wait. After several moments, I asked Larry what it was that he was feeling. Tears flowed down his cheeks as he said, "I don't know, it's warm and I feel happy." I quickly explained that that was the spirit, and it was confirming to him that the Book of Mormon is true. He brushed away his tears and smiled and said "I believe it." I was amazed. Within reading the very first verse, Larry knew that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. It may not come that quickly for everyone. In fact, it usually doesn't. But what I can promise (and so did Moroni) that the answer will come if we ask with a sincere heart. It was one of the most beautiful experiences on my mission so far.

Later this week, we had a kinda scary experience. We were on our way to the park to go running when we came across two men in a tunnel who were arguing pretty heatedly about some scary topics that I won't share here. It was obvious to me that they were a part of a gang and were unafraid to hurt others. Sister Lines was not paying attention, as she was humming a song of some kind. We have a tradition of saying hello to everyone we cross paths with on the street. Before I could stop her she yelled out "Hello, good morning!" My heart raced as I waited for these men to turn on us as I knew if they knew we had overheard their conversation, we could be in real danger. I prayed to Heavenly Father at that moment that He would protect us. In plain daylight, we walked by. They turned to see where the salutation had originated, but it was as if they couldn't see us at all. They looked in our direction and their eyes continued sweeping past us. We were invisible to their view. I know for a fact that Heavenly Father covered us. He was watching over us. Surely, the destroying angel passed by us that beautiful Thursday morning. Once again, the power of prayer was real this week. I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who protects us in times of need.

To conclude, I wanted to share a spiritual thought I had this week. In the last general conference, Elder Uchtdorf shared something I love. He said, "In a way, we are seeds. And for seeds to reach their potential, they must be buried before they can sprout. It is my witness that though at times we may feel buried by the trials of life or surrounded by emotional darkness, the love of God and the blessings of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ will bring something unimaginable to spring forth." There are times when I can totally relate to this thought. Perhaps we feel like we are in the dark and wonder when we will see the light. I want you to know that I KNOW that that light will come. I know that we will spring forth as a beautiful tree as we continue to press forward, seek the Living Water, and trust in Him. 

The church is true my friends. 
Be happy. Be brave. Be smart. 
Love, Sister Miller 

PS: I am so sad to be saying goodbye today to Sister Lines. 
PPS: I have been called to be a trainer.  I know isn't that so crazy?  I am so excited and happy for this new opportunity so early in my mission, but I am also scared to death. My new companion flies in tonight at 10 pm. She is going to be the best!! Send prayers for that haha. I love you all!! 

Pictures:
1) Sis Lines and I at the temple!
2) the beautiful city-scape 
3) Sis Lines and I with the beautiful city :)
4) Sister Froelich and I went on an exchange & we heart attacked some people living at projects! (This is us in the gross elevator haha!)
5) Our last run together in central park :/
6) Gelato at Anita's. I have no words except, yum. 








Hailey,
So I was preparing for the timed write for English right?! And I did A TON of prep work! So I was getting ready to do the timed write and Galloway said, “the prep work was your test. You don’t have to do the timed write” and I was like what?!  So... super excited about that!!! Also, I responded to Tyler! I brought him Crumbl Cookies that they wrote the word yes on. I can’t remember if I already told you that, but yep! It was a party! I’m losing my mind. I remembered I was going to talk to you about something, but now I can’t remember. I guess I will have to email you again if I remember! I hope your new companion is AWESOME!!!! I miss you!!! You are my favorite person ever!!! Oh. I remember. I kinda got fired from teaching Bentley. They put all of the youngers including Bentley in piano lessons with a new teacher. So... yeah. Bummer, but I’ll live. Anyways! Have a fantastic rest of your week!!!
Love you!
Amber



Hailey,

We’ve just been pushing through this week. Not a lot to report. We are still waiting to hear back about Jake. I suspect we will hear on Monday now. I am not worried though. I am sure all is well.

We went to the pumpkin patch this weekend. Dad doesn’t love it, but once he gets there he leads us around the corn maze and seems to enjoy it.

I’m honestly trying to remember what else happened this week. I made a game with Salena.

Church was nice today. It was good to go back. I miss the community.

We’ve been watching a show. Not sure I like it. But, we are all watching.

I’ve been waiting to write until I had something to write about. Some weeks are like that.

We are well. So good.

Love, Mom



Sister Hailey,

Hey, how are you doing? I love reading your emails and hearing all about your mission work. Earlier this week when we were doing Come follow me with the boys, I was talking and pondering how crazy mission work is now and how quickly it has changed since even Easton was out. How you have to be so creative in finding people and how much social media is playing a part in the work. I challenged the boys to reach out through snap chat or text someone new each day and send them just a quick positive feeling and be an example. I know it’s hard for kids to share the gospel and talk about the gospel with friends so I wanted them to know that by example they could just brighten someone’s day. This was after I shared the FB post of two elders that had changed the words to the song Sunday best. They are so bold and I love that. I posted it on my FB page if you haven’t seen it you should watch it.

Hope you are loving your new Comp and things are going great!

Not much going on here just keep plugging along. The boys are in school 4’days per week and home online one day. I am so thankful that they are able to go. Easton is doing all online classes but living in Rexburg and that has been different too but he is happy he can be up there. Rexburg is a national hot spot you know:) all those crazy students.
Danner and Cooper had their 16th birthdays so that is great that they can drive at night now.
We are all happy about that.

Everyone is hunting a lot all the boys and I am just glad I can still go to work each day.

Things are going great in general. Hope you have a great week and we are praying for you daily. Keep doing awesome! I’ll try to be better at writing and letting you know what is going on with us. Love you so much! I’ll send you a few pics.

Be great! Love your fav aunt Mich
That’s Michelle dahlberg jk



Sister Miller,
You will be such an awesome trainer. Know that you begin with Gelato and all else will fall into place. She most likely will come to you scared to death, so be patient, as the Lord is with us. 

This last week I was asked by a sister I minister to place her son's name on the temple role. When I told her she could do it herself she still wanted me to do it.  While doing so I had a strong impression to place your name on as well. I hope that was ok.  I figured it wouldn’t hurt to have more people praying for you. 

I am still waiting to hear from my doctors as to what the treatment plan will be for me. Patience is hard.
May the Lord bless you this week.
Love,
Aunt Cindy

Comments

Popular Posts