Goodbye Boise

Wow, another week has flown by! It's crazy to me that I am wrapping up my time at the MTC. Today is my last P-day in Boise, and the next time you will hear from me I will be in the Big Apple! I think that my P-day's will be changed to Mondays, so you can plan on hearing from me on July 27th. 

It has been an awesome week full of learning, growing, and becoming. Sister Staheli and I had the opportunity to teach Delaney the gospel this week. We learned a lot about asking better questions and inviting the spirit in new ways!! It has truly been a fantastic week. Sister Staheli and I have grown so close over the past couple of weeks. I know that she is going to bless the socks off of the people in Los Angeles and our reunion in a year and a half will be the sweetest blessing! 

One of my favorite activities we did this week was reflecting on the end of my mission. What do I want it to look like? Who do I want to have become? What do I want to have accomplished? 

This led to a lot of thought and pondering for me. As I thought, one quote from President Thomas S Monson came to mind: "I always want the Lord to know that if He needs an errand run, Tom Monson will run that errand for Him." I think this quote sums up how I feel exactly. I always want the Lord to know that if He has an errand to be run that Hailey Miller will run that errand. I am working hard to become that person. At the end of my mission, I hope to be someone that the Lord can trust with anything. Someone who the Lord can count on to do what He needs to be done. 

One other quote came to my mind by Marjorie Pay Hinckley, President Hinckley's wife. She once said“I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully, tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails. I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp. I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children. I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden. I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.” These two quotes define what I want to have become not only on my mission but at the end of my life. I want to be someone the Lord can trust to reach out to all of God's children in whatever circumstance they may be.

I love this gospel my friends. I know it is true. It is what brings me the most joy in my life, and that is why I am leaving my family to share it with others. I know God loves each of you. He knows what we are facing. He understands each of our heartaches. He will pull us out of our holes as we trust in Him and turn to Him.

The church is true!
Be happy! Be brave! Be smart! 

Pictures:
1. P-day hike with the fam!
2. P-day HIKE PART 2
3. Walk around the neighborhood
4. The greatest district EVER
5. My sweet companion, Sister Staheli
6. Family walk!
--

Comments

Popular Posts